A Night for Austin: Willie Nelson headlines star-studded benefit concert for local nonprofits Wednesday night
Paul Simon and Willie Nelson will headline A Night for Austin, a two-hour online benefit concert on June 10. Proceeds will benefit local nonprofits, including the Central Texas Food Bank, the Health Alliance for Austin Musicians and the Red River Cultural District.
"The broadcast will showcase at-home performances from Paul Simon and some of his closest friends, and highlight many of the iconic venues that have contributed to Austin's status as a renowned cultural hub," according to the event's website.
Performers include Austin-based musicians, such as the Black Pumas and Gary Clark Jr., as well as Bonnie Raitt, James Taylor and Norah Jones.
Austin native Ethan Hawke, University of Texas at Austin alumnus Owen Wilson, and Texans Renee Zellweger and Woody Harrelson will also participate.
Attendees are encouraged to donate to the Austin Community Foundation, which will distribute 100% of the proceeds.
Universal Music Publishing and BMI Austin, a performing rights organization, will match donations up to $25,000 and $10,000 respectively.
- A Night for Austin: Willie Nelson and others raise $531.k - austonia ›
- This Austin band earned 3 Grammy nominations - austonia ›
Urban Meyer's wife, Shelley, recently visited Austin to assess the real estate situation, Austonia has learned. Does that mean it's time for coaching legend Urban to ride into Austin and take the reins from his former assistant coach Tom Herman?
CompTIA's annual Tech Town Index is out and the results do not disappoint. For the second year in a row, Austin was named the top tech town in the U.S.
- Tesla files site plan for Austin Gigafactory - austonia ›
- Elon Musk's Neuralink startup is hiring in Austin, Texas - austonia ›
- SpaceX job ad reveals early stages of Texas space resort - austonia ›
With the announcement of Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines nearing the home stretch of approval in the U.S., a new danger has poised itself: scam treatments and fraudulent vaccines.
- Austinites test incoming Moderna vaccine with 95% efficacy - austonia ›
- UT professor played role in Pfizer and Moderna's COVID vaccines ... ›
- Texas picked for new Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine - austonia ›
- COVID-19 vaccine trial conducted in Austin reports success - austonia ›
After a fatal accident on Nov. 24, locals mourn the death of Austin couple Jose and Sara Miñán.
- Donors rally behind Austin dive bar Donn's Depot amid COVID ... ›
- Austin protestor Garrett Foster killed by driver - austonia ›
- Austin ISD should delay school or risk 40-1,000 deaths - austonia ›
A majority of the charges related to the Black Lives Matter protests over the summer will be dropped.
Sunday was the busiest day Austin-Bergstrom International Airport has seen since the pandemic began in March, with 12,127 outbound passengers.
- Free COVID-19 testing for Austin protesters—no symptoms required ›
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport sees high traffic - austonia ›
Austin sees slight decline in COVID numbers—but it's still too early to tell the impact of Thanksgiving gatherings
After weeks of warnings, advisories and even an emergency text alert from local health officials, Austin's COVID-19 caseload appears to be on a post-Thanksgiving decline.
- Hope to enjoy Thanksgiving? Then skip Halloween in Austin ... ›
- Austin-Travis County returns to Stage 4 as COVID cases surge ... ›
- Austin Public Health issues post-Thanksgiving COVID guidelines ... ›