Following in the footsteps of fellow festival Lollapalooza, Austin City Limits Festival announced Thursday morning that attendees will be required to provide either proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test to attend the festival.
ACL, which takes place Oct. 1-3 and 8-10, will also require unvaccinated attendees to obtain a printed copy of a negative test within 72 hours of the festival. Organizers said information related to masks will be released closer to the festival.
A printed copy of a negative COVID-19 test result will be required to attend ACL Festival 2021. The negative COVID-19 printed test result must be obtained within 72 hours (3 days) of attending ACL Festival. pic.twitter.com/nImWKZORY0
— ACL Festival (@aclfestival) August 19, 2021
The festival also released a health pledge, in which they ask people not to attend if…
- You have tested positive or been exposed to COVID-19 in the last two weeks
- You have experienced symptoms of COVID-19, like a fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, congestion, loss of taste or smell, vomiting, fatigue or any other sign of sickness.
- You have traveled internationally to places "identified by federal or applicable state or local governments as being subject to travel or quarantine advisories" within two weeks of attending the festival.
ACL will also have hand sanitizer stations onsite and cleaning crews will frequently sanitize high-touch areas. Organizers noted that these guidelines are subject to change and may be updated as circumstances change around the city.
- ACL 2021 lineup features Miley Cyrus, Black Pumas and more ... ›
- Rapper DaBaby dropped from ACL 2021 lineup - austonia ›
- ACL debuts 11 new additions ahead of 2021 festival - austonia ›
- ACL Festival awaiting special events permit from the City - austonia ›
- ACL is still not certain but Austinites are optimistic - austonia ›
- ACL Festival Health and Safety plan approved by city officials - austonia ›
- 7 things you didn't know you could do at Austin City Limits - austonia ›
- Rain boots or Gucci shoes? Here's how to prep for gloomy ACL weather - austonia ›