American Airlines announces 14 new nonstop flights from Austin, including to Puerto Rico and Costa Rica
American Airlines announced 14 new routes departing from Austin on Thursday. The routes will begin this fall and include 10 domestic destinations and four international ones.
Starting Sept. 8, American will offer flights from Austin to:
- El Paso, Texas
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Kansas City, Missouri
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Reno, Nevada
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Tulsa, Oklahoma
Starting Oct. 7, the airline will offer flights to:
- Cancun, Mexico
- Liberia, Costa Rica
- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
The airline previously announced 10 new routes in March. "Earlier this year, we added more flights from Austin, and customers have spoken: they want more," Vice President of Network Planning Brian Znotins said in a press release.
Heading into the summer travel season, Austin-Bergstrom International Airport is reporting long wait times and recommends travelers leaving during peak departure times—5-8 a.m., 11 a.m.-1 p.m. and 3:30-5 p.m.—arrive at least 2.5 hours in advance.
- Austin airport gets first nonstop flight to Hawaii in 2021 - austonia ›
- Austin airport offers nonstop flights to Mexico City and Monterrey ... ›
- Allegiant announces $75M Austin airport base - austonia ›
- Austin airport prepares for continued growth post-COVID - austonia ›
- American Airlines debuts 10 new Austin routes - austonia ›
- Allegiant Airlines adds 7 nonstop flights to Austin airport - austonia ›
- American Airlines cancels flights, citing weather concerns - austonia ›
- Austin airport adds flights to California, Florida and Montana for summer 2022 - austonia ›
- Austin airport adds direct flight to Vancouver Canada - austonia ›
- Austin airport adds new nonstop Spirit Airline flight to Monterrey - austonia ›
- American Airlines adds temporary flights to Kentucky and Georgia - austonia ›
- American Airlines CEO says hard topics are key to better travel at SXSW - austonia ›
Show your love for Tito's and for the community this year with a wide selection of not that ugly, uglyish, ugly, uglier, and ugliest holiday sweaters.
There's lots choose from, and plenty of accessories like scarves and socks, plus gear for your dog, too.
All of the items can be purchased online or at the Love, Tito’s Retail Store in Austin, TX. 100% of all net proceeds from online or in-store purchases go to one of the nonprofits we’ve teamed up with.
🗓 All weekend
Check out this highly anticipated art exhibition with illuminated art along Waller Creek. Tickets are free and the event includes food vendors, dazzling lights, live music, and hands-on activities
All weekend 6 p.m - 10 p.m | 📍Waterloo Park
This iconic holiday tradition lights up for the first time this holiday season starting this weekend! Reserve your spot for an enchanting light and sound performance, delicious hot cocoa, sweet treats, and some overall fun with your friends or family. The show runs till January 6th.
6 p.m and 9 p.m | 📍Mozart's Coffee Roasters - 3825 Lake Austin Blvd, Austin, TX 78703
This fitness event is free and open to the public. Get your morning started right with a "Fitness in the park" class for kickboxing! The class will be led by certified instructors and is a great way to get a cardio workout in while also honing your self-defense skills.
10 a.m - 11 a.m | 📍 Metz Park
Support local LBGTQ+ and female artists at this outdoor market with over 150 vendors. Get your holiday shopping out of the way at this event, with vendors for food trucks, handmade goods, raffles, hands on workshops and activities, and more.
Did someone say cheese?! If you're like me and always willing to get your hands on a bowl of mac and cheese, then this event is for you. Check out the Mac and Cheese festival happening this weekend to decide which vendor has. the best mac and cheese for yourself, and enjoy the bar with creative cocktails while you're at it. Tickets start at $45.
11 a.m - 3 p.m | 📍Lantana Place - 7415 Southwest Parkway