After an eventful first half that saw two goals and a red card from D.C. United's Ola Kamara, Austin FC scored three goals in the last ten minutes of the match to beat the home team 3-2 on Saturday.
Both D.C. and Austin saw near-goals called back for offsides in the first half before Kamara scored two in a row and caught two yellow cards, knocking himself out of the game just before halftime.
This match was as crazy as a night out on 6th street. pic.twitter.com/cPDJF7AZgX
— Austin FC (@AustinFC) April 17, 2022
With just ten opponents on the pitch, Austin FC struggled to bring its many chances into the net until the club scored three rapid-fire goals to win the match.
80' Hoesen scores first goal
After spending a year injured on the bench last season, Austin's first striker, Danny Hoesen, finally landed his first Verde and Black goal as he converted a cross from Diego Fagundez to get the first point on the board for Austin.
85' Driussi Dior
The team's second goal came just five minutes later from the very capable hands of Sebastian Driussi, who tapped in a close-up shot across the net to score his fifth goal of the season.
90' Gabrielsen takes it home
WHAT A MOMENT!! 🙌 pic.twitter.com/DivZGTZ0vC— Austin FC (@AustinFC) April 17, 2022
With all hands on deck in the last minute of regulation, central defender Ruben Gabrielsen scored his first goal for the team off a well-placed Fagundez cross to win the game for the Verde and Black.
- Austin FC makes MLS history at Q2 Stadium with five-goal Inter ... ›
- Austin FC beats FC Cincinnati 5-0 in first 2022 match at Q2 Stadium ... ›
- Three takeaways from Austin's 1-0 win to Minnesota United - austonia ›
- Austin FC's Q2 Stadium to swap soccer for rugby championship ... ›
- Austin FC breaks the ice with rare 10-man comeback win to CF Montreal - austonia ›