The wait is finally over, Austin FC has released the official home jersey for the 2021 Austin FC season.
The jersey, available for sale online at Adidas, is a classic green and black striped jersey with the official Austin FC logo in the right corner and Yeti across the chest. At the bottom corner, a patch reads "Est. 2021."
🚨 BREAKING: #AustinFC 2021 home jersey released @adidas. #VERDE & BLACK stripes on front with white @YETICoolers… https://t.co/LejyUWMK2o— Capital City Soccer (@Capital City Soccer)1605703067.0
The jersey will also be available for in-person sale at the Yeti store on South Congress and the Domain, along with the team's "Verde Van." To pick up merchandise from the Verde Van, which will travel across Austin, a reservation is required; two time slots have already been filled.
𝗗𝗮𝗺𝗻, 𝘆'𝗮𝗹𝗹. Slots at Easy Tiger and SoccerZone are now full BUT we’ve added two new slots to get your jersey on N… https://t.co/7kJe5UD6pV— Austin FC (@Austin FC)1605642910.0
In 2019, the Major League Soccer group announced Austin FC as the 27th official club, making it the newest official professional sports team in the city. The Austin FC season will start in the spring at the new stadium at McKalla Place.
More on Austin FC:
- Austin FC names forward Rodney Redes as first club signer - austonia ›
- Austin FC announces designated player Cecilio Dominguez - austonia ›
- CapMetro targets Austin FC fans about Project Connect stop - austonia ›
- Austin's Netspend named jersey partner of Austin FC - austonia ›
- Austin FC's 2021 debut season shines as bright spot for fans ... ›
- Who Austin FC may be eyeing in the Expansion Draft - austonia ›
- Austin FC acquires four new players in MLS Expansion Draft - austonia ›
- Austin FC nabs Pereira in first pick of MLS SuperDraft - austonia ›
As Austin's "icepocalypse" melts into the rearview mirror, though day-to-day life has mostly resumed, the city has a long, arduous recovery process ahead. It seems as though no area was immune to the damage inflicted by the historic winter storm.
- It's snowing! Here's what that looks like in Austin - austonia ›
- Photos: Winter storm brings power outages, snow to Austin - austonia ›
- Snow day: power outages, icy roads and school closures - austonia ›
Austin restaurateurs say supporting Black-owned businesses shouldn't be a 'fad' but a year-round effort
After the devastating blow of the pandemic, Emojis Grilled Cheese Bar owner Hope Green saw a surge in sales last summer. The outpouring of community support for Black-owned businesses came in the wake of the killing of George Floyd and nationwide protests against police brutality and racial injustice. But for Emojis the support has been fleeting.
- Restaurant industry on the brink in Austin and nationally - austonia ›
- Austin restaurants and businesses struggle due to COVID-19 ... ›
- Austin black-owned restaurants see support after protests - austonia ›
Scheduled showers, porta potties and hotel stays: Hundreds of Austin apartment complexes still don't have water
The last night Stephanie Landgraf, 25, spent in her apartment, off of Rundberg Lane, was on Valentine's Day. First, her power went off, only to return shortly after the complex lost water. Since then, she's been staying with friends. "There's no end in sight," she told Austonia. "At this point, I'm just angry."
- As reservoirs begin to refill, two zones regain water supply - austonia ›
- Austin faces 'multi-day' water crisis after winter weather - austonia ›
- Water distribution plan continues as Austin Water works to restore ... ›