Austin FC's first season will officially be underway, but their inaugural match will be nearly 1,500 miles away from their home city.
The match, which will see No. 21 ATXFC face No. 2 LAFC, will be broadcast nationally on FOX and FOX Deportes at 5 p.m. on Saturday, but for some, simply watching from home isn't quite enough.
Luckily, Austin FC, fan clubs and bars across the city are looking to keep the soccer spirit alive in Austin through several Saturday watch parties. So, put on your Verde gear and head to one of these watch parties this weekend.
1. Circle Brewing Co., 2340 W Braker Ln
This 12-hour party (from 11 a.m.-11 p.m.) claims to be the biggest watch party in Austin. Formed by Austin Anthem, ATXFC's original supporters' group, the outdoor party will hold over 1,000 people in the lot in front of Circle Brewing near Q2 Stadium. Entry is free, and the immersive experience will feature a 23' x 13' screen viewable from 500 feet away, an immersive audio experience and a special guest DJ at 7:30 p.m. RSVP here.
The event is entirely outdoors. All attendees must wear face masks when not eating or drinking.
2. Hopsquad Brewing, 2307 Kramer Lane
Hopsquad Brewing, the official headquarters of Austin FC supporters group Los Verdes, is launching an immersive watch party to kick off the team's first season. Free to enter, the Brewery will feature indoor and outdoor taps and screens, live music, art and food trucks. Rideshare or take a ride on Cap Metro for $1 off your first beer. The party begins at noon and is set to end at 7 p.m. RSVP here.
Indoor and outdoor space is available, and masks are required when not eating or drinking.
3. Black Sheep Lodge, 2108 South Lamar Blvd.
For those who want Los Verdes action on the south side, head to Black Sheep Lodge. Starting at 3:30 p.m., the watch party will include La Murga's signature chants, stickers and plenty to drink through 8:30 p.m. RSVP here.
A mask is required when not eating or drinking.
4. Rustic Tap, 613 W. 6th St.
For those looking for a downtown locale, this watch party will be going from noon to close. This pet-friendly location will feature a 7 by 12 foot LED wall, live music and over 60 Texas-based spirits.
5. Mean Eyed Cat, 1621 W 5th St.
6. Star Bar, 600 W 6th St.
7. Lavaca Street Bar, 405 Lavaca St.
Gibson Street Bar, 1109 S Lamar Blvd
For those south of downtown, Gibson Street Bar will have a low-key watch party ready for the club's first match. RSVP here.
6. Over 30 pub partners
If none of these watch parties are quite the right fit for you, 31 bars will be streaming the match in the Austin metro as part of the Austin FC Pub Club.
- Austin Eastciders- Barton Springs, 1530 Barton Springs Rd.
- Austin Eastciders- Collaboratory 979 Springdale Rd. Suite 130
- B.D. Riley's Mueller, 1905 Aldrich St. Unit 130
- The Bon Aire, 9070 Research Blvd
- Bouldin Acres, 2027 S Lamar Blvd
- Casa Chapala, 9041 Research Blvd Suite 100
- The Cavalier, 2400 Webberville Rd Unit A
- Cover 2,13701 N Highway 183
- Cover 3 Anderson Lane, 2700 W Anderson Ln Unit 202
- Happy Chicks, 214 E 6th St.
- Haymaker, 2310 Manor Rd.
- High Five- Anderson Ln, 2700 W Anderson Ln Unit 101
- Local Post Pub, 7113 Burnet Rd
- Pelons, 802 Red River St
- Play on 6th, 620 W 6th St
- Pluckers, various locations
- Revelry On The Boulevard, 6215 N Lamar Blvd
- Revelry- East 6th, 1410 E 6th St
- Rusty Cannon Pub, 730 W Stassney Ln Unit 120
- San Jac Saloon, 300 E 6th Street
- Shiner's Saloon, 422 Congress Ave Unit D
- Shooters Billiards 620, 11416 N FM 620
- Taco Flats, mulitple locations
- Twin Peaks, 701 E Stassney Ln
- Cover 3- Round Rock, 2800 N Interstate Highway 35 Unit 200, Round Rock
- Crafthouse, 242 N LBJ Dr. Suite 101, San Marcos
- High Five- Lakeway1502 RM-620 N Lakeway, Lakeway
- Red Rooster's, 109 E Pecan St., Pflugervile
- Sean Patrick's, 202 E San Antonio St., San Marcos
- Shooter's Billiards Cedar Park, 601 E Whitestone Blvd, Cedar Park
- Austin's Latino's feels "close to home" with Austin FC - austonia ›
- Could more pro soccer be on its way to Austin? A new NWSL team ... ›
- Soccer support groups team up on merch, proceeds benefit LGBTQ ... ›
- Before kickoff: the ultimate guide to all things Austin FC - austonia ›
- Matthew McConaughey and Will Ferrell go head to head in Austin ... ›
- Austin FC looks to score their first goal against the Colorado Rapids - austonia ›
- Austin FC has few good looks, lineup changes at Colorado Rapids - austonia ›
- Despite lineup changes, Austin FC stages a comeback for first-ever win - austonia ›
- Where to watch Austin FC's match vs. Sporting Kansas City this weekend - austonia ›
- 5 Memorial Day events to enjoy on your three-day weekend - austonia ›
- NLand Surf Park, Austin's Surf Ranch won't be reopening - austonia ›
- US vs. MEX? A how-to guide on the CONCACAF Gold Cup in Austin - austonia ›
A new look could be coming to a stretch of West Sixth Street as plans for a vertical mixed-use development move forward.
Current plans for the development aim to bring retail, office space and a hotel between 1110 and 1204 West Sixth St. Known as Clarksville, the redevelopment includes a courtyard and plaza with multiple five-story buildings surrounding the area.
This comes as the area sees increased activity—a recent report by the Downtown Austin Alliance noted total monthly visits on West Sixth St. in late 2021 surpassed pre-pandemic levels.
Earlier this week, the Austin Historic Landmark Commission heard an initial overview of the plans, as the project could possibly be in the Castle Hill and West Line historic districts.
The plan would also involve some demolition and reconstruction, though a number of current tenants could remain through that process, such as Woo Woo Burger, Swedish Hill and Wally Workman Gallery.
- Tallest tower in Texas coming to downtown Austin - austonia ›
- More people looking to live downtown as towers fill with workers ... ›
- Downtown Austin is a great experience, 78% of residents say ... ›
- Stream reveals details of six possible new Sixth Street music venues ... ›
- What Austin's live music competitor Nashville can teach us about ... ›
- Four injured in Austin Sixth Street shooting during SXSW - austonia ›
Panoramic skyline views, natural light galore and a life of luxury—all things you can experience if you live in one of Austin’s famous downtown high rises.
Take a look inside these three condos that are on the market now.
This spacious one-bedroom, one-bathroom Four Seasons home comes complete with a rare oversized balcony–a could-be “second living room” that stretches to the bedroom–and views of the Austin skyline. Built in 2010, the condo has modern features throughout its 1,060-square-foot floor plan and offers special perks for being a top-floor resident: concierge, valet parking, the rooftop pool, roof service and housekeeping.
This listing is held by Alan Holt of Compass.
This two-bedroom, two-bathroom condo at The Independent faces south, securing panoramic views of Lady Bird Lake and downtown from its floor-to-ceiling windows that let in tons of natural light. The 1,262-square-foot floor plan feels especially spacious due to the open concept floor plan and 10-foot ceilings. Forget the modern finishes, ample amenities, guest suites and location—you can wake up to views of the capital city every morning if you can afford to live here.
This listing is held by Natalie Kalthoff and Krystle Copulos of Compass.
Located at 70 Rainey, this two-bedroom, two-bathroom condo has an ample 1,697 square feet of space that you can make the most of with an open floor plan. Built in 2018, it has features like the floor-to-ceiling glass windows, hardwood European oak flooring, marble bathrooms, custom finishes, motorized window shades and Miele appliances give this home its luxurious feel. This condo’s price has dropped by a little more than $500,000, so now is the chance to live the luxurious lifestyle for a good deal.This listing is held by Leslie L. Thompson of Compass.
- 675-foot tower to add apartments, retail to Downtown Austin - austonia ›
- COTA to add in luxury trackside 'car condos' for racing enthusiasts ... ›
- A peek inside 7 of Austin's most elite condominiums ›
- A peek inside 7 of Austin's most elite condominiums - austonia ›
- Luxury living: Peek inside four condos going up in Austin ›