The FBI arrested an Austin real estate agent on Friday and accused him of participating in the deadly U.S. Capitol riot last month.
Joseph Cable Barnes, 34, is charged with violent entry or disorderly conduct, entering a restricted building or ground and obstructing a formal proceeding, according to local reports.
Barnes joined the commercial real estate firm JLL's Austin office as a vice president in 2019, however, his employee profile no longer appears on the site.
According to the FBI, multiple witnesses reported recognizing Barnes from ITV News video footage of the riot. "This is our house, this is our country," the man says into the camera during a brief appearance.
The federal law enforcement agency reportedly used photos from a Facebook page for Joe Barnes Art to confirm his identity. The page last posted in September, uploading a photo of a "Come and Take it" flag and quoting Thomas Jefferson: "I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical."
The riot prompted the second impeachment of former President Donald Trump.
More on the impeachment trial:
- Texas representatives prepare to vote on Trump impeachment trial ... ›
- Trump caravan attack on Biden bus used in impeachment trial ... ›
- Austin Trump supporters rally at the Capitol alongside D.C. protests ... ›
- Austin politicians disavow Trump mob storming U.S. Capitol - austonia ›
- Texas Capitol amps up security after pro-Trump protest - austonia ›
Texas is scheduled to receive 24,000 doses of the recently approved Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine on Tuesday, with more on the way.
- Texas gov promises wider COVID-19 vaccine access - austonia ›
- Five local businesses selling one-of-a-kind face masks - austonia ›
- Travis County to vaccinate 3k at COTA drive-thru event - austonia ›
- More vaccines could be headed to Austin as FDA panel greenlights ... ›
Self-proclaimed "Crypto Queen" Grimes made nearly $6 million to kick off her Sunday by selling her newest artwork, a series of crypto-art pieces titled "WarNymph."
- Elon Musk confirms he's moved to Texas - austonia ›
- Elon Musk's Neuralink startup is hiring in Austin, Texas - austonia ›
- Elon Musk, Joe Rogan and Dave Chappelle walk into Stubb's BBQ ... ›
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk moves foundation to Texas - austonia ›
An unknown buyer will soon be living the dream after purchasing Austin's most expensive home—a nearly nine-acre property complete with a luxurious glass-walled mansion and a private lagoon in West Austin.
- Is the "Texodus" over for storm-damaged Austin? - austonia ›
- California tech employees move to austin for business and way of ... ›
- What billionaires like Elon Musk look for in Austin real estate - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan's new home is a $14 million mansion on Lake Austin ... ›