No city is perfect, but if we're just talking about looks, Austin—with its lush green nature spots and lakes—is pretty spectacular. Here's a look at what makes Austin the perfect place to "staycation."
In the video, you'll go through Red Bud Isle, the Hill Country, Pace Bend Park, Westlake Hills, Tom Miller Dam, Zilker Park, Sahm Hill, Mueller Lake, St. Edwards University, Lady Bird Lake, Pfluger Pedestrian Bridge, The Oasis, Lake Travis, Lake Austin, Pennybacker Bridge, the Barton Creek greenbelt, Sculpture Falls, Roy G. Guerrero Park, Longhorn Dam and, finally, downtown.
All year round, Austin has something to offer. And even in these trying times, when people can't gather for Blues on the Greens in Zilker Park and other summer events, at least you can always catch a great sunset wherever you are in Austin.
More on Austin:
- Tesla Gigafactory will accelerate growth in southeast Austin - austonia ›
- See Austin's new Apple campus under construction - austonia ›
- Dramatic downtown Austin drone shows scope of Project Connect's ... ›
- DRONE: Nestled out of sight on Lake Austin, a massive $90M ... ›
- Zilker Park Holiday Tree installed, park closes for trail of lights - austonia ›
Instead of door-to-door trick-or-treating this Halloween, local health leaders are recommending that Austin residents start new traditions. For example, coronavirus-themed piñatas are proving very popular in 2020.
- 6 activities that'll remind you it's fall in Austin all month long - austonia ›
- Haunted bars, former brothels, in Austin, Texas - austonia ›
- Hope to enjoy Thanksgiving? Then skip Halloween in Austin ... ›
Two original Rainey Street bungalows, home to longtime bars Craft Pride and Javelina, could be replaced by a proposed 48-floor apartment complex.
- Where to get a drink outside in Austin - austonia ›
- Austin City Council to move ahead on convention center expansion ... ›
Capital Metro is making sure people can get to the polls to vote this year.
- Why did Capital Metro cut nearly $3 billion from the Project Connect ... ›
- How much has Capital Metro spent on Project Connect ads ... ›
- Capital Metro approves $24M Broadmoor MetroRail station - austonia ›
After sounding the alarm last week that the pandemic was growing in Austin, local health officials said Tuesday there are signs of a possible plateau. But caseload increases across the state suggest another surge is on the horizon, and researchers at the University of Texas at Austin estimates that there is a 100% chance the pandemic is growing locally.
Austin ISD will offer face-to-face, on-campus learning to all students whose families choose to take advantage of it starting on Monday, Nov. 2, in compliance with the Texas Education Agency's guidelines.
- Austin ISD continues its phased-in reopening, but kids' social lives ... ›
- Photo essay: Austin ISD students head back to the classroom with ... ›
- Hundreds of Austin ISD teachers reportedly pledge to not attend in ... ›
- Austin ISD enrollment decline may lead to layoffs amid COVID ... ›
- Austin ISD reports enrollment drop due to virtual learning - austonia ›
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport is keeping the tradition of live music at the airport alive.
U.S. Senate confirms Amy Coney Barrett's nomination to Supreme Court, with Texans Cornyn and Cruz in favor
By Abby Livingston
WASHINGTON — With the support of Texas' two senators, the U.S. Senate approved the nomination of Judge Amy Coney Barrett to the U.S. Supreme Court in a 52-48 vote Monday evening.