The city of Austin is getting closer to announcing its next Austin police chief, narrowing the pool of candidates from 46 to three.
The candidates include:
- Joseph Chacon, interim chief of police, Austin Police Department
- Avery L. Moore, assistant chief, Dallas Police Department
- Emada E. Tingirides, deputy chief, Los Angeles Police Department
- Austin police chief search narrowed down to 7 candidates - austonia ›
- City Manager to outline plans for change at Austin Police ... ›
- Austin police pilot cadet class is the most diverse ever - austonia ›
- Austin police chief hopefuls talk racism and reimagining policing - austonia ›
- Second Austin police officer dies of COVID in just 24 hours - austonia ›
- Austin Firefighter dies of COVID - austonia ›
- Joe Chacon chosen as austin police chief - austonia ›
- Former assistant Joseph Chacon confirmed as Austin's next police chief - austonia ›
Show your love for Tito's and for the community this year with a wide selection of not that ugly, uglyish, ugly, uglier, and ugliest holiday sweaters.
There's lots choose from, and plenty of accessories like scarves and socks, plus gear for your dog, too.
All of the items can be purchased online or at the Love, Tito’s Retail Store in Austin, TX. 100% of all net proceeds from online or in-store purchases go to one of the nonprofits we’ve teamed up with.
🗓 All weekend
Check out this highly anticipated art exhibition with illuminated art along Waller Creek. Tickets are free and the event includes food vendors, dazzling lights, live music, and hands-on activities
All weekend 6 p.m - 10 p.m | 📍Waterloo Park
This iconic holiday tradition lights up for the first time this holiday season starting this weekend! Reserve your spot for an enchanting light and sound performance, delicious hot cocoa, sweet treats, and some overall fun with your friends or family. The show runs till January 6th.
6 p.m and 9 p.m | 📍Mozart's Coffee Roasters - 3825 Lake Austin Blvd, Austin, TX 78703
This fitness event is free and open to the public. Get your morning started right with a "Fitness in the park" class for kickboxing! The class will be led by certified instructors and is a great way to get a cardio workout in while also honing your self-defense skills.
10 a.m - 11 a.m | 📍 Metz Park
Support local LBGTQ+ and female artists at this outdoor market with over 150 vendors. Get your holiday shopping out of the way at this event, with vendors for food trucks, handmade goods, raffles, hands on workshops and activities, and more.
Did someone say cheese?! If you're like me and always willing to get your hands on a bowl of mac and cheese, then this event is for you. Check out the Mac and Cheese festival happening this weekend to decide which vendor has. the best mac and cheese for yourself, and enjoy the bar with creative cocktails while you're at it. Tickets start at $45.
11 a.m - 3 p.m | 📍Lantana Place - 7415 Southwest Parkway