Arch Manning, the latest prospect in the Manning football family and No. 1 recruit in the class of 2023, has committed to the University of Texas.
Manning is the nephew of Eli and Peyton Manning and the son of Cooper Manning, a former wide receiver for Ole Miss. The Manning football legacy began with Archie Manning, Arch Manning's grandfather and namesake who played for the New Orleans Saints throughout the 1970s.
Committed to the University of Texas. #HookEmpic.twitter.com/jHYbjBaF5K
— Arch Manning (@ArchManning) June 23, 2022
Manning joins head Texas football coach Steve Sarkisian's program after a disappointing 5-7 first season. Manning, who has been the starting quarterback at New Orlean's Newman High School since he was a freshman, was the No. 1 recruit in the 2023 class, according to 247sports.
Manning had plenty of SEC suitors, including Georgia, Alabama and LSU, but committed to Texas after a recent visit to Austin.
- Westlake football makes national rankings ahead of contentious ... ›
- Football players ask University of Texas to change song - austonia ›
- Longhorn football star Sam Ehlinger set to make first career NFL ... ›
- Austinite Hudson Card confirmed for starting quarterback in Week 1 ... ›
- No need for Sark to depart, fans say, as 'rock-bottom' Texas football ... ›
- Austin FC and Texas football fans face moral dillema - austonia ›
In an interview with Tesla Owners Silicon Valley, Musk said, “Both Berlin and Austin factories are gigantic money furnaces right now. It's really like a giant roaring sound, which is the sound of money on fire."
The comments come just a few months after the grand opening of Giga Texas in April, where Musk threw a party to celebrate the start of production at the more than $1.1 billion site.
At the time, Musk shared bold goals for increasing scale. But now, he says electric car battery shortages and supply chain issues are costing the automaker billions of dollars.
The interview with the northern California Tesla fans was released as the third installment in a YouTube video series from a late May interview. During the conversation, Musk said Giga Texas had manufactured only a tiny number of cars.
The challenges included the production of the 4680 battery, as well as port delays in China that have affected shipments.
Musk has previously expressed concern over supply chain woes and inflation pressures. During a call about the first quarter of this year, he noted those factors and described a long waitlist extending into next year.
- Tesla smashes into pole in Jared Padalecki's car wreck - austonia ›
- Tesla 2021 year in review for austin - austonia ›
- Tesla can't sell directly to Texans unless law is uplifted - austonia ›
- Tesla's new giga texas belt buckle sells out in less than 24 hrs ... ›
- PHOTOS: Peek inside the Tesla Gigafactory producing Model Ys in ... ›
- Austin environmental groups call on city to hold off on approving ... ›
- Elon Musk announces April 7 grand opening party for Giga Texas ... ›
- Tesla reports more than $3B in profit in early 2022 - austonia ›