TCSO responded to multiple calls involving boats in distress during the Trump parade on Lake Travis. Several boats did sink.— Travis County SO (@Travis County SO)1599335336.0
No fatalities or injuries have been reported, and the office does not suspect foul play, according to a report by the Associated Press.
MEDIA: #ATCEMS has not been involved in any of the boat sinking incidents on Lake Travis today. No injuries or medi… https://t.co/stizsiRRHi— ATCEMS (@ATCEMS)1599336023.0
The event was scheduled for midday on Saturday and included parachute jumpers, according to a Facebook event page. More than 8,600 people registered as interested.
INBOX: Trump Pence Boat Parade in the liberal city of Austin Texas! Boats for as far as the eye can see. Military v… https://t.co/tVSeME567Q— Abigail Marone (@Abigail Marone)1599332104.0
- Austin Trump supporters rally at the Capitol alongside D.C. protests over voter fraud - austonia ›
- Trump supporters come out to the Texas State Capitol. - austonia ›
- Dogs found sick after swimming in Hudson Bay - austonia ›
Austin restaurateurs say supporting Black-owned businesses shouldn't be a 'fad' but a year-round effort
After the devastating blow of the pandemic, Emojis Grilled Cheese Bar owner Hope Green saw a surge in sales last summer. The outpouring of community support for Black-owned businesses came in the wake of the killing of George Floyd and nationwide protests against police brutality and racial injustice. But for Emojis the support has been fleeting.
- Restaurant industry on the brink in Austin and nationally - austonia ›
- Austin restaurants and businesses struggle due to COVID-19 ... ›
- Austin black-owned restaurants see support after protests - austonia ›
As Austin's "icepocalypse" melts into the rearview mirror, though day-to-day life has mostly resumed, the city has a long, arduous recovery process ahead. It seems as though no area was immune to the damage inflicted by the historic winter storm.
- It's snowing! Here's what that looks like in Austin - austonia ›
- Photos: Winter storm brings power outages, snow to Austin - austonia ›
- Snow day: power outages, icy roads and school closures - austonia ›
Scheduled showers, porta potties and hotel stays: Hundreds of Austin apartment complexes still don't have water
The last night Stephanie Landgraf, 25, spent in her apartment, off of Rundberg Lane, was on Valentine's Day. First, her power went off, only to return shortly after the complex lost water. Since then, she's been staying with friends. "There's no end in sight," she told Austonia. "At this point, I'm just angry."
- As reservoirs begin to refill, two zones regain water supply - austonia ›
- Austin faces 'multi-day' water crisis after winter weather - austonia ›
- Water distribution plan continues as Austin Water works to restore ... ›