Those of us on Twitter know the Twitterverse is a little bit of everything, from your friends' random thoughts to a source for instant news (@austonianews). But sometimes you just need a break from the alerts and political discussions.
Here are eight Austin Twitter accounts that will add a little fun to your timeline.
Austin's own Major League Soccer team's Twitter account has announcements and giveaways that has attracted almost 30,000 followers.
Keep up with all things Austin FC by following this account. And if you want more Austin FC, you might want to consider following local support groups like @LosVerdesATX, @AustinAnthem and @LaMurgaATX.
It's official. #AustinFC loans @10_dominguez94 to @ClubGuarani to join Rodney Redes for the remainder of 2020. https://t.co/pkpsNFASMZ— Austin FC (@Austin FC)1598974696.0
Bringing you local brewery news, Craft Beer Austin has over 13,000 followers.
It releases weekly newsletters about the Austin beer scene, as well as posts about how to support local brewers.
🍺 Latest News & Events from Craft Beer Austin for 09/01/2020 🍻 - https://t.co/ziaQqIiWPF— 🍺 CraftBeerAustin.com🍺 (@🍺 CraftBeerAustin.com🍺)1598979949.0
The famous El Arroyo sign is an Austin trademark. It's quirky messages on the sign are beloved by many and you can see the fun messages on the Tex-Mex restaurants Twitter daily.
The account has over 15,000 followers.
Today and every day. https://t.co/d1mabeSWrG— El Arroyo (@El Arroyo)1599413305.0
A parody account of happenings in Austin, Evil Mopac has almost 20,000 followers.
Named after one of Austin's most disliked corridors, this account is worth the follow for a good laugh.
Austin on Labor Day during COVID... https://t.co/IuzXD7g093— Evil MoPac (@Evil MoPac)1599496018.0
The only account on this list with an actual face, Austinite Matthew McConaughey had to be included on this list.
With over 2 million followers, McConaughey stays true to his roots and posts about Austin FC, the Texas Longhorns and new projects he is working on.
1st class or no class. wear a mask #hookem @utaustin @texaslonghorns @texasfootball https://t.co/h2wikL1vL5— Matthew McConaughey (@Matthew McConaughey)1598446898.0
A blog that has grown to over 33,000 followers, Traces of Texas provides the rich history of Texas in its posts.
If you like history and love Texas, this account will sprinkle exactly that on your feed.
Reader George Hargrave shared this great Texas Ranger image. Says George "Texas Ranger Cpl. J. Walter Durbin (righ… https://t.co/6r2RHZXYio— Traces of Texas (@Traces of Texas)1599503554.0
Just like the original Barstool Sports account, Barstool Hook 'Em brings you sports entertainment, but related to the University of Texas.
It has over 20,000 followers.
You and your roommates on the first day of classes 🤘 https://t.co/f0mjK7EG7K— Barstool Hook ‘Em (@Barstool Hook ‘Em)1598469247.0
And last but not least, Yelp Austin provides business reviews from different people. It has over 11,000 followers.
You'll always know what local business you'll want to support by following this account.
"Awesome date idea! 512 Rage Room in #Kyle is taking all the right COVID precautions." Ashley and BF 'had a great t… https://t.co/eU7nyKlFcT— Yelp Austin (@Yelp Austin)1599412971.0
More social media content:
- Austin's amateur sleuths spotlight police violence - austonia ›
- Austin-based female influencers to follow on Instagram - austonia ›
- University of Texas Cabo 211 attacked on social media - austonia ›
- UT Austin students gathered without masks get blasted on social ... ›
- ICYMI: What's making headlines in Austin this week Dec. 7-11 - austonia ›
Vaccine week 13: Travis County to receive more than 75K doses of vaccine thanks to Johnson & Johnson bump
Eighty-seven providers in Travis County will receive a total of 75,540 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine for the week of March 8 as part of the 13th weekly allocation, a nearly 62% increase compared to last week's. The significant increase is largely due to inclusion of the new Johnson & Johnson vaccine, which received an emergency use authorization from the FDA last weekend.
The bulk will go to hub providers Austin Public Health and UT Health Austin, the clinical wing of Dell Medical School, as well as to Seton Medical Center, which will receive the largest share of this week's shipment. These three providers will either receive doses from Moderna or Pfizer.
- Everything we know about Austin's COVID vaccine rollout - austonia ›
- UT professor played role in Pfizer and Moderna's COVID vaccines ... ›
- A 'handful' of ineligible people got the COVID vaccine in Austin ... ›
- Austin healthcare offering COVID-19 vaccine waitlists - austonia ›
- Complete guide to 5-county Austin-area COVID vaccine providers - austonia ›
- COVID-19 vaccines resume in Austin after weather emergency - austonia ›
- Travis County to vaccinate 3k at COTA drive-thru event - austonia ›
- Will the US reach herd immunity by April? Experts disagree - austonia ›
- Eligible Austinites frustrated by long wait for COVID vaccine - austonia ›
- 1 1/2 oz Tito's Handmade Vodka
- 2 oz sparkling water
- 1/2 oz coconut sugar simple syrup
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 2-4 kiwi slices, peeled
- 2 basil leaves
‘A nightmare job’: Manley's retirement means Austin is thrown in the national ring for hiring a new police chief, but will a progressive agenda hinder the search?
Austin Police Chief Brian Manley received intense criticism for the police killing of Michael Ramos, an unarmed Black and Latino man, last April and his department's response to mass protests over the summer. When he announced his retirement Feb. 12, he said the criticism did not factor into his decision. But it will undoubtedly shape the nationwide search for his successor.
- Cronk to brief council on overhaul of Austin police, plans for Manley ... ›
- Austin City Council OKs another third-party investigation of APD ... ›
- Police Chief Brian Manley stepping down after three years - austonia ›
- Austin Police Chief Brian Manley to resign in March ›
- What the future holds for Austin Police Chief Brian Manley - austonia ›