After a week off, Austin FC is looking to win their first-ever rematch as they play Sporting Kansas City for their last match of an eight-game road stretch.
After losing to Kansas City 2-1 in early May following a catastrophic red card call, Austin is looking for vengeance against the No. 2 team in the West.
Austin FC will be at Q2 Stadium for their home opener June 19, but sit tight: there's still one more watch party to go before the club comes home.
Here's where to watch the Austin vs. Kansas City match at 2 p.m. on Saturday, June 12th:
Austin Anthem takes on Dreamland, 2770 W Hwy 290
What does pickleball, mini-golf, soccer, a giant outdoor screen and over 90 self-pour taps have in common? This week's #AustinFC watch party!— Austin Anthem (@AustinAnthem) June 7, 2021
Join us at @dreamlanddstx in Dripping Springs for a full-day of family-fun & to cheer on the #verde to 3-points.https://t.co/ZakDLq4s76pic.twitter.com/nZo5zSE9dg
Austin Anthem, Austin FC's first supporters' group, is back at Dreamland in Dripping Springs to watch Austin take on their head coach's former club. Expect more than just soccer—the facility comes with over 90-self pour beer taps, pickleball and mini-golf facilities, and a stage perfect for watching the big game.
Los Verdes' watch party and after party, Hopsquad Brewing Co. 2307 Kramer Lane
@AustinFC watch party this Saturday! BYO chair, come hang and watch the game on our huge LED, and stick around for a killer after party. Let’s see how loud @LosVerdesATX@AustinAnthem and @LaMurgaATX will make that stadium. pic.twitter.com/i1YnWS5Ac9— Hopsquad Brewing Co. (@HopsquadBrewing) June 10, 2021
From noon till well past Austin FC's 2 p.m. match, head to Hopsquad Brewing for live music, local eats and signature beers. Four bands will hit the stage for an after party following the match. Bring your own lawn chair and find parking early.
Season ticket holders: Stadium Preview at Q2 Stadium, 1835-A Kramer Lane
Austin FC is presenting a gift for its season ticket holders just before the home opener. Members can attend an exclusive Stadium Premiere, complete with in-stadium food and drink, for Q2 Stadium's first watch party on Saturday starting at 1:30 p.m.
If none of these watch parties are quite the right fit for you, 31 bars will be streaming the match in the Austin metro as part of the Austin FC Pub Club.
- Austin Eastciders- Barton Springs, 1530 Barton Springs Rd.
- Austin Eastciders- Collaboratory 979 Springdale Rd. Suite 130
- B.D. Riley's Mueller, 1905 Aldrich St. Unit 130
- The Bon Aire, 9070 Research Blvd
- Bouldin Acres, 2027 S Lamar Blvd
- Casa Chapala, 9041 Research Blvd Suite 100
- The Cavalier, 2400 Webberville Rd Unit A
- Cover 2,13701 N Highway 183
- Cover 3 Anderson Lane, 2700 W Anderson Ln Unit 202
- Happy Chicks, 214 E 6th St.
- Haymaker, 2310 Manor Rd.
- High Five- Anderson Ln, 2700 W Anderson Ln Unit 101
- Local Post Pub, 7113 Burnet Rd
- Pelons, 802 Red River St
- Play on 6th, 620 W 6th St
- Pluckers, various locations
- Revelry On The Boulevard, 6215 N Lamar Blvd
- Revelry- East 6th, 1410 E 6th St
- Rusty Cannon Pub, 730 W Stassney Ln Unit 120
- San Jac Saloon, 300 E 6th Street
- Shiner's Saloon, 422 Congress Ave Unit D
- Shooters Billiards 620, 11416 N FM 620
- Taco Flats, mulitple locations
- Twin Peaks, 701 E Stassney Ln
- Cover 3- Round Rock, 2800 N Interstate Highway 35 Unit 200, Round Rock
- Crafthouse, 242 N LBJ Dr. Suite 101, San Marcos
- High Five- Lakeway1502 RM-620 N Lakeway, Lakeway
- Red Rooster's, 109 E Pecan St., Pflugervile
- Sean Patrick's, 202 E San Antonio St., San Marcos
- Shooter's Billiards Cedar Park, 601 E Whitestone Blvd, Cedar Park
- Beer hall added to Austin FC's $260 million stadium design - austonia ›
- Here's all the local eats Austin FC is bringing to Q2 Stadium - austonia ›
- Austin FC loses 2-1 after catastrophic red card - austonia ›
- Austin FC is facing first rematch against Kansas City after a week's ... ›
- Austin's Latino's feels "close to home" with Austin FC - austonia ›
- Q2 stadium to hold 100% capacity for first Austin FC match - austonia ›
- Austonia tours Austin FC's brand-new Q2 Stadium - austonia ›
- LIVE UPDATES: Austin FC looks for payback at Sporting Kansas City in first-ever rematch - austonia ›
- Austin FC looks for payback at Sporting Kansas City in rematch - austonia ›
Enjoy the deep roots of Texas music with weekly live performances at Lone Star Court. Located at The Domain, there’s always a tune for you to tap your foot to at the retro-inspired property. Every Thursday through Saturday, locals and travelers alike can enjoy live performances and specialty cocktails at the Water Trough. This week you can catch Drew Moreland, Julia Hatfield, and Clayton Gardner.
7-9 p.m. Thursday, 8-11 p.m. Friday-Saturday | 📍 Lone Star Court, 10901 Domain Dr.
Austin FC is playing away this weekend at Atlanta’s Mercedes-Benz Stadium but you can still enjoy those Verde vibes at Celis Brewery’s official watch party. Support your local team and grab a brew as they take on Atlanta United FC.
Kickoff at 6 p.m. Saturday | 📍 Celis Brewery, 10001 Metric Blvd.
Cult classic mob drama “The Godfather,” featuring the likes of Al Pacino and Robert De Niro, is returning to the big screen for its 50th anniversary. This weekend celebrates the filmography of Francis Ford Coppola as part of The Paramount Theatre’s Summer Classic Film Series. Tickets are $11 each.
4 p.m. Saturday, 1 p.m. Sunday | 📍The Paramount Theatre, 10001 Metric Blvd.
Enjoy some of San Gabriel’s “bedroom-pop,” with a drink in-hand on Radio’s airy outdoor patio, complete with food trucks Veracruz All Natural, Dee Dee Thai and Briscuits. Admission is free.
8-11 p.m. Saturday | 📍Radio Coffee & Beer, 4204 Menchaca Rd.
Watch the classic musical surrounding the Von Trapp family live and on stage from Austin performers from the ZACH Theatre. You can see the show through July 24 and tickets start at $25.
Showtimes at 2:30 and 7:30 p.m. Sunday | 📍The Topfer at ZACH, 202 S. Lamar Blvd.
The Austin Chamber Music Center and Austin Shakespeare are blending music and poetry in their fifth annual collaboration, this time celebrating “The Winter’s Tale.” Tickets start at $30 and tickets for online on-demand access will be available on Monday.
3 p.m. Sunday | 📍Bates Recital Hall, 2406 Robert Dedman Dr.
Content marked with an *asterisk has been paid for to help Austonia keep producing free content.
The original Z’Tejas location on West 6th Street is closing its doors after more than 30 years on the lot to make way for new development.
Z'Tejas owner Randy Cohen told Austonia the restaurant will be open at least through the end of 2022, possibly through March 2023.
Cohen said the owners—Larry McGuire of McGuire Moorman Lambert Hospitality—of the land have something new planned, though he’s not exactly sure what. Additionally, Cohen said maintenance costs for the old building were becoming prohibitively expensive.
“I think the people who own the dirt will tear it all down and build condos or some other development,” Cohen said. “I mean, it's a 60-year-old building, Z'Tejas has been here for 33 years and before that, it was something else. So it's just progress, that's all."
The restaurant isn’t going away though—Cohen said Z’Tejas is already looking for a new spot in the downtown area to move into. Z’Tejas also has a location in Avery Ranch, another in the works for Kyle and two in Arizona.
“We have all our ducks in a row right now and the management team is all rowing in the right direction,” Cohen said. “We're just excited, we're excited to build this iconic brand back.”
Once he finds a new place, Cohen plans to bring along its mural, “The Last Zupper,” which features Willie Nelson, Matthew McConaughey and Barbara Jordan. Cohen also plans for the adjoining ghost kitchen, Woo Woo Burgers, to follow to the new downtown location.
“We're still booking events through the end of December,” Cohen said. “Come ‘Z' me at Z’Tejas, we'd love to see you before we’re gone.”
- Complete guide to Austin FC's Q2 Stadium food options 2022 ... ›
- Austin food under $10, cheap eats that are delicious - austonia ›
- Sustainability office spearheading regional food plan - austonia ›
- Brazilian food places to try in Austin - austonia ›
- From Mexico City, machetes have made a spark in the Austin food ... ›