Even in a pandemic, Austin continues to be a magnet for new people and businesses. With great food, live music and business culture, it is no surprise that Austin continues to climb the ranks against other US cities.
In a new report by Wallethub, Austin ranked first overall in 2021's best capital city in the U.S. for safety and more.
The personal finance site determined its rankings by evaluating all 50 capital cities across the country and comparing indicators such as affordability, economic well-being, quality of education and health and quality of life.
Austin had the highest State Capital Index at 65.47 and ranked No. 1 in economic well-being, while landing at No. 5 in quality of education and health, No. 10 in affordability and No. 21 in quality of life.
Within these categories, Austin ranked highest in highest median household income and lowest in premature death rate, while ranking No. 4 in the highest percentage of adults with a Bachelor's degree or higher form of education.
Austin was followed by No. 2 Madison, Wisconsin; No. 3 Raleigh, North Carolina; No. 4 Lincoln, Nebraska; and No. 5 Boise, Idaho.
- Hotwire ranks Austin in top 10 for a 'quickie' getaway - austonia ›
- Austin ranks in top 3 of tech job markets in U.S. & Canada - austonia ›
- Austin ranks in best cities for veteran to live in the U.S. - austonia ›
- Austin ranks high in best college towns in the country ›
- Texans are nation's physically strongest people - austonia ›
- Study ranks Austin at No. 7 healthiest in the country - austonia ›
Texas is scheduled to receive 24,000 doses of the recently approved Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine on Tuesday, with more on the way.
- Texas gov promises wider COVID-19 vaccine access - austonia ›
- Five local businesses selling one-of-a-kind face masks - austonia ›
- Travis County to vaccinate 3k at COTA drive-thru event - austonia ›
- More vaccines could be headed to Austin as FDA panel greenlights ... ›
An unknown buyer will soon be living the dream after purchasing Austin's most expensive home—a nearly nine-acre property complete with a luxurious glass-walled mansion and a private lagoon in West Austin.
- Is the "Texodus" over for storm-damaged Austin? - austonia ›
- California tech employees move to austin for business and way of ... ›
- What billionaires like Elon Musk look for in Austin real estate - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan's new home is a $14 million mansion on Lake Austin ... ›
Self-proclaimed "Crypto Queen" Grimes made nearly $6 million to kick off her Sunday by selling her newest artwork, a series of crypto-art pieces titled "WarNymph."
- Elon Musk confirms he's moved to Texas - austonia ›
- Elon Musk's Neuralink startup is hiring in Austin, Texas - austonia ›
- Elon Musk, Joe Rogan and Dave Chappelle walk into Stubb's BBQ ... ›
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk moves foundation to Texas - austonia ›