Author and University of Texas professor Brené Brown signed a deal with Spotify for the platform rights to her new podcast "Dare to Lead," available Oct. 19.
The podcast focuses on the four skill sets of courage outlined in her book by the same name. Beginning January 2021, Spotify will also become home to Brown's popular podcast, "Unlocking Us"—a conversation that unlocks the "deeply human part of who we are."
Brown states on her website that she wanted to "build a podcast home where people could continue to listen for free."
Max Cutler, founder and manager of Parcast, told the Hollywood Reporter he heard Brown on an episode of "Unlocking Us" and wanted to partner with her because of her charisma and connection with her audience.
We can’t even begin to express how amazing @BreneBrown is and how excited we are to share this podcast news with ev… https://t.co/8drzOVUEQs— Spotify Podcasts 🎙 (@Spotify Podcasts 🎙) 1600877238.0
Brown will also be releasing curated music playlists on the Spotify, having already taken over the "Yacht Rock" playlist with classics by Boz Scaggs and Kenny Loggins.
Brown's 2010 TEDx talk, "The Power of Vulnerability," is considered one of the most popular of all time with more than 50 million views on the TED platform. She has published seven books, five of which are New York Times bestsellers. A UT alumna, she has gone on to be a visiting management professor in the UT McCombs School of Business since earlier this year.
More on podcasts:
- Austinite Matthew McConaughey announces new book Greenlights ... ›
- Matthew McConaughey offers himself and UT football to raise funds ... ›
- Kendra Scott to begin teaching at the University of Texas soon ... ›
- Beto O'Rourke to teach at Texas State this spring - austonia ›
- 5 Austin businesses earn $100k each as part of Google's Startups Black Founders Fund - austonia ›