Cielo Property Group plans to break ground on a 46-story office building in downtown Austin this summer, making it the first of two adjacent high rises coming to the downtown block east of the Frost Bank Tower.
The newest tower, adding to the "glass fortress" aesthetic shaping the Austin skyline, has been named Perennial and will have 750,000 square feet with 100,000 of it landscaped outdoor space. Construction will start late this summer and the project is scheduled to be completed in late 2025.
Perennial's ground floor paseo. (TMRW.SE)
People walking downtown can enjoy a public paseo on the ground floor that will include a 28-foot waterfall spilling into a sunken garden. Then, the first three floors of the building will have restaurants, entertainment and wellness-focused retailers overlooking a pedestrian alley.
Every floor of the Perennial will feature outdoor space with plant life. (TMRW.SE)
Other amenities include a Sky Garden for tenants with 360-degree views 200 feet above downtown. Plus a 500-person gathering space, private meeting rooms, a walking trail, and food and beverage services. On each office floor, a 1,200-to-4,500 square-foot balcony will be available for workers to take in downtown views.
The 30,000-square-foot Sky Garden, which includes gathering space. (TMRW.SE)
Last year, Austin-based Cielo purchased the 0.81-acre office building site along Fourth Street between Brazos Street and San Jacinto Boulevard, and in early 2020, the company acquired the northern end of the same block along Fifth Street.
The Sky Garden will provide views from high up. (TMRW.SE)
Cielo Co-Founder Bobby Dillard gushed over the company’s new home, saying “there’s simply nothing like this building in the Austin office market today.”
“The needs and priorities of companies and their workers have changed significantly over the last two years and people are placing a higher priority on wellness,” Dillard said. “The Perennial is designed to make the office a place where workers want to be because it provides a healthy and engaging environment where they can do their best work.”
Rendering of office space. (TMRW.SE)
The northern end of the block can accommodate a high-rise of up to 886,200 square feet. So far, the developer hasn't made a proposal. While Cielo originally considered building a second office tower on the site, it's now working on plans for a residential and hotel high-rise instead to make way for more nighttime and weekend activity on the downtown block.
“The downtown Austin office market is recovering faster than anyone imagined, but the more we studied the market and this site, the more we felt that a true, integrated mixed-use development on this block was better for the Perennial and the surrounding downtown neighborhood,” Dillard said.
Exterior of Perennial. (TMRW.SE)
The Perennial team has aims for it to be one of the tallest and most sustainable office buildings in Austin, with a goal for sustainability certifications of LEED-Platinum and Well-Platinum status. The project team includes interior Design from Austin-based Michael Hsu Office of Architecture and Civil Engineers Garza EMC. Plus other local firms for leasing and general contracting.
- Downtown Austin is a great experience, 78% of residents say ... ›
- Drone: New Google tower begins to take shape downtown - austonia ›
- Facebook's Meta takes all office space in Austin's tallest tower, signs ... ›
- Take a ride in Ford's new electric vehicles in downtown Austin with ... ›
- Hyatt opens joint hotels in downtown - austonia ›
- TikTok to move into downtown Austin skyscraper - austonia ›
- Downtown Austin Alliance launches COVID-19 recovery plan ... ›
- Downtown Austin to rebound faster than other U.S. metros - austonia ›
- A new office tower is coming to North Austin's Domain area - austonia ›
- Tower with luxury hotel, condos coming to Downtown Austin - austonia ›
- 675-foot tower to add apartments, retail to Downtown Austin - austonia ›
- Tallest tower in Texas coming to downtown Austin - austonia ›
- 43 story office tower coming to downtown Austin - austonia ›
- Tech’s takeover in downtown Austin is just beginning - austonia ›
- Office tower coming across from Republic Square Park - austonia ›
- More people looking to live downtown as towers fill with workers again - austonia ›
- Lead architect behind new Meta tower gives inside look into soon-to-be tallest building in Austin - austonia ›
- To tackle Austin's growing pains, architects look to action on transit and housing in other cities - austonia ›
- Amid celebration of downtown making pandemic recovery, some worry its sleek and luxury feel will exclude - austonia ›
- Vince Young Steakhouse could be demolished to make room for two mixed-use towers downtown - austonia ›
- West Campus gets its tallest tower yet with a 30-story building for student housing - austonia ›
- Could Austin's suburbs win over companies for office space? - austonia ›
Help us find our editor!
Austonia, a for-profit Austin digital media company, is looking for the right person for a new position as newsletter editor.
Are you an innovator who wants to work exclusively in digital media and push the boundaries? Do you have 3+ years in digital, broadcast, print or agency work? This could be the opportunity for you.
In two years we’ve created a place in the Austin media landscape, and we’re looking for people who can move us toward the front.
- AM email newsletter, 22,500+ daily subscribers
- Austonia.com, reaching 250,000+ users/month
- Social media, 50,000+ followers
Success in this role is based on skills: an excellent writer, editor, visual communicator and storyteller who builds compelling stories with digital and classic elements, who can recruit and mentor contributors in doing the same.
Austin is the most interesting city in the world, and we want to cover it that way. The people, issues, opportunities, challenges, companies and cultures that make Austin dynamic and successful.
Compensation depends on experience. Benefits include PTO and employee Blue Cross Blue Shield “Silver” health coverage, with 100% of the monthly premium paid by the company.
This is a hybrid, mostly remote position. Must live in Austin.
The position reports to Austonia’s CEO.
To apply, follow this link to become a candidate immediately:
Or send your contact info and a link to your LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Camp Fimfo Waco, a brand new camping resort, is kicking off football and fall camping season in style! With top-notch amenities, premium accommodations, and 10 weekends of fall fun, there’s no better place to have a fall camping getaway, especially if you’re a Baylor football fan!
Fall promises to be a one-of-a-kind camping experience. From Sept. 16 to Nov. 24, weekends will be packed with fall-themed activities, including special Halloween weekends in October. Campers can enjoy activities like fall crafts, campground trick-or-treating, costume contests, site decorating, outdoor movie nights, and more!
Packages and Ways to Stay
Camp Fimfo Waco
Located just 5 miles from McLane Stadium, Camp Fimfo Waco is the perfect place to stay during home game weekends. Skip the stuffy hotel room and embrace the great outdoors before cheering on the Baylor Bears! Campers can purchase a Baylor Tailgating Package that includes a pre-game meal from Executive Chef Sean Kelley and transportation to and from the game! Chef Kelley will also be cooking up delicious, elevated tailgating meals near the stadium so make sure to check out The Plaid Plate food truck before the game.
Stay in style and comfort, no matter your camping preference! At Camp Fimfo Waco, there are multiple ways to stay. Red Carpet RV sites come with a concrete pad and patio, full hook-ups, cable hook-up, a charcoal grill, fire ring and fire pit. Back-in or pull-thru options are available, as well as coveted spots tucked along the Bosque River!
Don’t have an RV? Not a problem, Camp Fimfo Waco has cabins too! Book a Riverview Firewheel Cabin if you’re looking for an air-conditioned oasis for the whole family. Complete with a kitchen and private bathroom, this cabin can fit up to 10 people. Elevate your stay by adding on a golf cart or snag a private cabana by the pool for guaranteed shade. With wifi available throughout the park, you can stay connected during your stay!
Amenities and Activities
Camp Fimfo Waco
Camp Fimfo Waco features lots of amenities to fill your days with fun, whether you’re a kid or kid at heart. After challenging your friends to a game of pickleball, basketball, or mini golf, go for a dip in the resort-style, heated pool - open daily through October! Stay on the weekends through October to enjoy the interactive splash playground. With plenty of ways to burn off energy, like the jumping pillow or playground, you can be sure to end the day with a peaceful night around the campfire!
Right now, you can get the fourth night FREE when you book three nights with the promo code BONUS! Check out the Offers page for full details and more promo codes!