The 19 candidates running for five seats on the Austin City Council have so far netted nearly $931,000 in contributions.
The District 10 race accounted for upwards of half of all funds raised so far with more than $400,000.
- The Austin Bulldog - austonia ›
- 20 candidates will vie for five Austin City Council seats this November ›
- Austin City Council candidate forums planned before election ... ›
- Austin City Council voting records - austonia ›
- Austin City Council challengers get big bucks boost - austonia ›
In what was called the "Dodge Bowl" among fans and the media, Coach Todd Dodge adds to the Chaparrals' trophy case by bringing home the State Championship for Westlake High School a second time. Westlake was able to hold off the Southlake Carroll Dragons, winning 52-34 and becoming back-to-back State Champions for the first time in school history.
Increased police, an adjourned Legislature and boarded-up storefronts: Austin preps for Inauguration Day protests
After supporters of President Donald Trump stormed the U.S. Capitol in a deadly riot last week, the FBI circulated an internal bulletin warning of armed protests being held at all 50 state capitols at least until Inauguration Day.
Here in Austin, local and state law enforcement officials have ramped up security around the Texas Capitol, the Texas Legislature has adjourned until Jan. 26 and downtown businesses have boarded up their storefronts—again.
- Texas Capitol amps up security after pro-Trump protest - austonia ›
- Gov. Abbott dispatches National Guard to Austin amid election ... ›
- Austin police prepare for election-week protests - austonia ›
- Downtown Austin boards up in anticipation of protests, again ... ›
- Black Pumas bring Austin music to the VP inaugural fundraising ... ›