Comedian Dave Chappelle tested positive for COVID-19 and is now quarantining, according to a rep for the comedian. He has had to cancel his weekend of comedy shows at Stubbs Waller Creek Amphitheater, including Friday's and Saturday's show with Joe Rogan.
Chappelle's team reports that he is asymptomatic. Chappelle has been in the Austin area more recently, performing at Stubbs. At each show, his team says safety protocols including rapid testing of the audience and daily testing of his himself and his team.
Just this week, photos of Chappelle, Rogan, Elon Musk and Grimes, among other comedians graced Instagram with the photos taken at Stubbs. The photos look like they could have been taken last weekend, but no exact date was revealed and went on Instagram at different times.
None of the others have announced a positive COVID-19 test as of yet.
Following the purchase of a converted 34-foot-long van, Addicus' Legacy Dog Rescue's pups headed to their forever homes in style during its maiden voyage last week.
- 1 1/2 oz Tito's Handmade Vodka
- 2 oz sparkling water
- 1/2 oz coconut sugar simple syrup
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 2-4 kiwi slices, peeled
- 2 basil leaves
Vaccine week 13: Travis County to receive more than 75K doses of vaccine thanks to Johnson & Johnson bump
Eighty-seven providers in Travis County will receive a total of 75,540 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine for the week of March 8 as part of the 13th weekly allocation, a nearly 62% increase compared to last week's. The significant increase is largely due to inclusion of the new Johnson & Johnson vaccine, which received an emergency use authorization from the FDA last weekend.
The bulk will go to hub providers Austin Public Health and UT Health Austin, the clinical wing of Dell Medical School, as well as to Seton Medical Center, which will receive the largest share of this week's shipment. These three providers will either receive doses from Moderna or Pfizer.
- Everything we know about Austin's COVID vaccine rollout - austonia ›
- UT professor played role in Pfizer and Moderna's COVID vaccines ... ›
- A 'handful' of ineligible people got the COVID vaccine in Austin ... ›
- Austin healthcare offering COVID-19 vaccine waitlists - austonia ›
- Complete guide to 5-county Austin-area COVID vaccine providers - austonia ›
- COVID-19 vaccines resume in Austin after weather emergency - austonia ›
- Travis County to vaccinate 3k at COTA drive-thru event - austonia ›
- Will the US reach herd immunity by April? Experts disagree - austonia ›
- Eligible Austinites frustrated by long wait for COVID vaccine - austonia ›