The nonprofit foundation was made to ensure that her children Shaw, Tucker and Loretta have the resources they need for their future education.
Since its creation, the organization has received more than $100,000 from the community. Doug Wolfe, a friend of the family, said that the foundation can be used to give Dodson's family the same care she gave to so many families through her practice at Children's Medical Group.
"The Foundation is an opportunity for our community to serve Lindley's family and children and the family's charitable goals around education in the same way she loved and cared for ours," Wolfe wrote in a statement.
Thousands have taken to social media to mourn Dodson's death, and community members have held prayer circles and dropped off flowers at the site of the well-respected pediatrician's practice. The circumstances behind her death, in which the terminally-ill Dr. Bharat Narumanchi held multiple employees hostage before killing Dodson and himself, is still under investigation.
- Physicians group holds vigil, mourn for killing of Dr. Lindley Dodson ... ›
- Austin pediatrician Dr. Lindley Dodson shot dead by hostage taker ... ›
- Community mourns death of Dr. Katherine Lindley Dodson killed in ... ›
- Austin physicians identify pediatrician Dr. Lindley Dodson as ... ›
Self-proclaimed "Crypto Queen" Grimes made nearly $6 million to kick off her Sunday by selling her newest artwork, a series of crypto-art pieces titled "WarNymph."
- Elon Musk confirms he's moved to Texas - austonia ›
- Elon Musk's Neuralink startup is hiring in Austin, Texas - austonia ›
- Elon Musk, Joe Rogan and Dave Chappelle walk into Stubb's BBQ ... ›
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk moves foundation to Texas - austonia ›
An unknown buyer will soon be living the dream after purchasing Austin's most expensive home—a nearly nine-acre property complete with a luxurious glass-walled mansion and a private lagoon in West Austin.
- Is the "Texodus" over for storm-damaged Austin? - austonia ›
- California tech employees move to austin for business and way of ... ›
- What billionaires like Elon Musk look for in Austin real estate - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan's new home is a $14 million mansion on Lake Austin ... ›
More vaccines could be headed to Austin as FDA greenlights single-shot Johnson & Johnson COVID vaccine
This story was updated Monday to include that the vaccine received official approval by the FDA this weekend.
The Food and Drug Administration approved the single-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine that is to be shipped out this month, increasing the number of vaccines available.
In a virtual meeting on Friday, the FDA Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee unanimously approved of the U.S.'s third available COVID-19 vaccine, which was officially approved on Saturday. Federal officials say 4 million doses will go out nationally this week, with an expected 20 million doses to be available by the end of March. The Texas Department of State Health Services has said it expects to receive about 200,000 doses, but has not released a timeline of when doses will be shipped and available.