Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk is climbing the ranks of richest people in the world and can now claim the number three spot, which was previously held by Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg.
The increase in Musk's value comes after Tesla underwent a forward stock split, meaning Tesla's stock split so shareholders now own more stock, signaling a rise in value.
Musk is also growing his companies close to home, with the new Tesla Gigafactory underway in Southeast Travis County and SpaceX South Texas launch site.
Two weeks ago, a SpaceX job ad revealed a SpaceX resort coming to South Texas. And most recently, a job ad for Austin's Tesla location shows is it hiring a video game engineer. Tesla first introduced video games to its cars in 2018.
More on Tesla:
- Trump praises Musk for choosing Texas for Tesla factory - austonia ›
- Elon Musk supports Kanye West running for president in 2020 ... ›
- Elon Musk says $1.1 billion Tesla factory will be in Austin - austonia ›
- Five reasons why Elon Musk and Grimes should choose Austin ... ›
- Elon Musk's Neuralink startup is hiring in Austin, Texas - austonia ›
- Elon Musk "The Boring Company" tunnel to be built in Austin - austonia ›
- Elon Musk skeptical of positive and negative COVID-19 tests - austonia ›
- Elon Musk's SpaceX to build manufacturing facility in Austin - austonia ›
- California drops in population for first time in its history - austonia ›
- Elon Musk headlines SNL to mixed reviews - austonia ›
- Austinites hop on meme stock AMC with hopes of big gains - austonia ›
- Elon Musk shows off SpaceX's Starbase in extensive two-hour video tour - austonia ›
- Twitch streamers cash in on big growth in Austin and beyond - austonia ›
Show your love for Tito's and for the community this year with a wide selection of not that ugly, uglyish, ugly, uglier, and ugliest holiday sweaters.
There's lots choose from, and plenty of accessories like scarves and socks, plus gear for your dog, too.
All of the items can be purchased online or at the Love, Tito’s Retail Store in Austin, TX. 100% of all net proceeds from online or in-store purchases go to one of the nonprofits we’ve teamed up with.
🗓 All weekend
Check out this highly anticipated art exhibition with illuminated art along Waller Creek. Tickets are free and the event includes food vendors, dazzling lights, live music, and hands-on activities
All weekend 6 p.m - 10 p.m | 📍Waterloo Park
This iconic holiday tradition lights up for the first time this holiday season starting this weekend! Reserve your spot for an enchanting light and sound performance, delicious hot cocoa, sweet treats, and some overall fun with your friends or family. The show runs till January 6th.
6 p.m and 9 p.m | 📍Mozart's Coffee Roasters - 3825 Lake Austin Blvd, Austin, TX 78703
This fitness event is free and open to the public. Get your morning started right with a "Fitness in the park" class for kickboxing! The class will be led by certified instructors and is a great way to get a cardio workout in while also honing your self-defense skills.
10 a.m - 11 a.m | 📍 Metz Park
Support local LBGTQ+ and female artists at this outdoor market with over 150 vendors. Get your holiday shopping out of the way at this event, with vendors for food trucks, handmade goods, raffles, hands on workshops and activities, and more.
Did someone say cheese?! If you're like me and always willing to get your hands on a bowl of mac and cheese, then this event is for you. Check out the Mac and Cheese festival happening this weekend to decide which vendor has. the best mac and cheese for yourself, and enjoy the bar with creative cocktails while you're at it. Tickets start at $45.
11 a.m - 3 p.m | 📍Lantana Place - 7415 Southwest Parkway