Tech powerhouse Meta, Facebook's parent company, has signed for all commercial space in what will soon be Austin's tallest tower.
The multibillion-dollar company will soon have a new home at Sixth of Guadalupe, a 66-story tower slated to be completed by 2023, according to a report by the Austin Business Journal. According to ABJ, the deal was inked Dec. 31 and is downtown Austin's largest lease ever, spanning across 33 floors and 589,000 square feet.
Meta, which was rebranded from its original social media site moniker Facebook in 2021, hopes to add 400 more employees to its thousands-strong Austin workforce. ABJ reported that the company had 2,000 employees in Austin in July 2021.
“We first came to Austin over 10 years ago with just seven employees, now over 2,000 of us are proud to call Austin home. We’re committed to Austin and look forward to growing here together,” Meta's Katherine Shappley, head of Austin's office, said in a statement.
The confirmation comes after a year of rumors that Meta would ink a deal at Sixth of Guadalupe. The company has also hinted that it would hold onto its 256,600 square-foot office in the Third + Shoal tower, as well as its floors at the 300 West Sixth tower and 320,000 square-foot office at the Domain 12 tower.
At 66 floors tall, Sixth and Guadalupe will surpass the "Jenga" tower and will also include 349 residential units when it is completed in 2023.
- How 6 Austin big tech companies are returning to the office - austonia ›
- TikTok is hiring 83 Austin positions—and looks poised for growth ... ›
- TikTok eyes office tower in downtown austin - austonia ›
- Could the hybrid model be the best of both worlds for tech industry ... ›
- Facebook could soon occupy some of Austin's tallest building ... ›
- How is Austin involved in the metaverse? - austonia ›
- Cielo breaking ground on Downtown Austin 46-story tower - austonia ›
- A new office tower is coming to North Austin's Domain area - austonia ›
- Tower with luxury hotel, condos coming to Downtown Austin - austonia ›
- 675-foot tower to add apartments, retail to Downtown Austin - austonia ›
- Tallest tower in Texas coming to downtown Austin - austonia ›
- Meta expands Texas presence with a data center in Temple - austonia ›
- Tech’s takeover in downtown Austin is just beginning - austonia ›
- Round Rock to gain Sabey data center in early 2023 - austonia ›
- Office tower coming across from Republic Square Park - austonia ›
- The towers that will shape Austin's skyline in the 2020s - austonia ›
- More people looking to live downtown as towers fill with workers again - austonia ›
- Lead architect behind new Meta tower gives inside look into soon-to-be tallest building in Austin - austonia ›
- To tackle Austin's growing pains, architects look to action on transit and housing in other cities - austonia ›
- Vince Young Steakhouse could be demolished to make room for two mixed-use towers downtown - austonia ›
- PayPal announces move into new Domain development - austonia ›
- Local office rent costs are trailing Manhattan and the Bay Area. Is it paying off for tech companies? - austonia ›
- West Campus gets its tallest tower yet with a 30-story building for student housing - austonia ›
Show your love for Tito's and for the community this year with a wide selection of not that ugly, uglyish, ugly, uglier, and ugliest holiday sweaters.
There's lots choose from, and plenty of accessories like scarves and socks, plus gear for your dog, too.
All of the items can be purchased online or at the Love, Tito’s Retail Store in Austin, TX. 100% of all net proceeds from online or in-store purchases go to one of the nonprofits we’ve teamed up with.
🗓 All weekend
Check out this highly anticipated art exhibition with illuminated art along Waller Creek. Tickets are free and the event includes food vendors, dazzling lights, live music, and hands-on activities
All weekend 6 p.m - 10 p.m | 📍Waterloo Park
This iconic holiday tradition lights up for the first time this holiday season starting this weekend! Reserve your spot for an enchanting light and sound performance, delicious hot cocoa, sweet treats, and some overall fun with your friends or family. The show runs till January 6th.
6 p.m and 9 p.m | 📍Mozart's Coffee Roasters - 3825 Lake Austin Blvd, Austin, TX 78703
This fitness event is free and open to the public. Get your morning started right with a "Fitness in the park" class for kickboxing! The class will be led by certified instructors and is a great way to get a cardio workout in while also honing your self-defense skills.
10 a.m - 11 a.m | 📍 Metz Park
Support local LBGTQ+ and female artists at this outdoor market with over 150 vendors. Get your holiday shopping out of the way at this event, with vendors for food trucks, handmade goods, raffles, hands on workshops and activities, and more.
Did someone say cheese?! If you're like me and always willing to get your hands on a bowl of mac and cheese, then this event is for you. Check out the Mac and Cheese festival happening this weekend to decide which vendor has. the best mac and cheese for yourself, and enjoy the bar with creative cocktails while you're at it. Tickets start at $45.
11 a.m - 3 p.m | 📍Lantana Place - 7415 Southwest Parkway