Updated May 4 10:44 a.m.:
If it seems like you've been seeing more people out and about lately in Austin, you're not wrong.
The data analytics firm Unacast now has the county performing at a C- on its social distancing scoreboard. Just a month ago the firm was grading Travis County as an A-. Unacast uses data from public data sets as well as tens of millions of devices.
- Data shows 'significant reduction' of activity in Travis County but ... ›
- Parks to close for Easter weekend—and maybe longer - austonia ›
- No halt to construction, but Austin insists on workers' safety - austonia ›
- Compliance, not arrests, planned in enforcing orders, police say ... ›
Jon Hockenyos, the economic advisor who earlier this week told the Austin City Council that job losses in the Austin metro area could total over 261,000, says that most of the people losing those jobs will probably be reemployed by the end of September.
- Coronavirus in Texas: Job losses keep mounting - Business - Austin ... ›
- Coronavirus updates in Texas: Unemployment claims surge | The ... ›
- COVID-19 Is Costing People Their Jobs. Here's How To Apply For ... ›
- Coronavirus layoffs in the Austin area: What to know if you lost your ... ›
- Unemployment claims in Texas surge to 275K amid coronavirus ... ›