Apple had 7,000 employees in Austin when it broke ground on the project in November 2019, about twice as many as the company had in the city five years ago.
A revised plan for the site approved in April showed the addition to the site of a 192-room hotel.
Want to read more stories like this one? Start every day with a quick look at what's happening in Austin. Sign up for Austonia.com's free daily morning email.
- Elon Musk seeks to fast-track $1.1 billion Tesla factory in Austin ... ›
- Developers see bright future for Austin office market - austonia ›
- Bay area tech workers eye moving to Austin post-pandemic - austonia ›
- scenic austin from sunrise to sunset - austonia ›
- scenic Austin nature and skyline from sunrise to sunset - austonia ›
Capital Metro is making sure people can get to the polls to vote this year.
- Why did Capital Metro cut nearly $3 billion from the Project Connect ... ›
- How much has Capital Metro spent on Project Connect ads ... ›
- Capital Metro approves $24M Broadmoor MetroRail station - austonia ›
After sounding the alarm last week that the pandemic was growing in Austin, local health officials said Tuesday there are signs of a possible plateau. But caseload increases across the state suggest another surge is on the horizon, and researchers at the University of Texas at Austin estimates that there is a 100% chance the pandemic is growing locally.
Austin ISD will offer face-to-face, on-campus learning to all students whose families choose to take advantage of it starting on Monday, Nov. 2, in compliance with the Texas Education Agency's guidelines.
- Austin ISD continues its phased-in reopening, but kids' social lives ... ›
- Photo essay: Austin ISD students head back to the classroom with ... ›
- Hundreds of Austin ISD teachers reportedly pledge to not attend in ... ›
- Austin ISD enrollment decline may lead to layoffs amid COVID ... ›
- Austin ISD reports enrollment drop due to virtual learning - austonia ›
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport is keeping the tradition of live music at the airport alive.
U.S. Senate confirms Amy Coney Barrett's nomination to Supreme Court, with Texans Cornyn and Cruz in favor
By Abby Livingston
WASHINGTON — With the support of Texas' two senators, the U.S. Senate approved the nomination of Judge Amy Coney Barrett to the U.S. Supreme Court in a 52-48 vote Monday evening.
The Texas Army National Guard said Monday that it had been ordered by Gov. Greg Abbott to dispatch 1,000 troops to five major cities across the state, including Austin, in connection with the election.
- Nazis and antifa were part of weekend protests in Texas cities, state ... ›
- Members of the far-right Proud Boys militia stand on Congress ... ›
- Armed protesters ride in the back of a pickup truck from a rally at the ... ›
- Austin police prepare for election-week protests - austonia ›
- Two days of protest: demonstrators shut down I-35, Austin police ... ›
Cold weather is finally hitting Austin, which means it's time to enjoy staying at home and bundling up with some cozy meals.
If you haven't become the cook of your dreams since the pandemic hit, now is the perfect time to try out these recipes which will surely warm your belly.