Gov. Greg Abbott announced today that he would allow several additional types of business to start back up under Phase II of his plan to reopen the Texas economy.
- driver's education
- food courts at malls
- water parks at 25% occupancy
- recreational sports for adults (no games until June 15)
- 8 oz cran & orange-infused Tito's Handmade Vodka
- 1 bottle prosecco
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 24 oz ginger beer
- 3 apples, sliced
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- Cinnamon sugar, for rimming glass
Two ways to stay connected:
1. Austonia AM email
Join thousands of others who get the latest Austin news and happenings directly to the inbox at 6 a.m. every morning.
2. Austonia PM text
The day's most important stories, in one brief text, every afternoon at 4 p.m. It's free. Extra bonus: weekly "insider" updates from Emma Freer, and other members of Austonia's news team. Sign up now for Thursday, Dec. 3 launch.
What Adler’s Mexico vacation means for his chances in the Biden administration—and post-COVID political career
Austin Mayor Steve Adler had seen his star rise over the course of the pandemic, regularly appearing on CNN to discuss the local COVID-19 response and granting interviews to other national news outlets, including Politico. There was also chatter that he might be appointed to a cabinet position in the incoming Biden administration.
So when the news broke that Adler had hosted a small outdoor wedding for his daughter and then flew via private jet to a timeshare in Cabo San Lucas, in early November, he may have had further to fall.
- Zoning laws, long a concern of Austin politics, go national - austonia ›
- Austin Mayor Steve Adler ridiculed after Cabo trip - austonia ›
- Austin Mayor Steve Adler criticized for wedding, travel amid COVID ... ›