Joe Rogan is reportedly moving to Austin, comedian and friend Joey Diaz said on his podcast.
UPDATE (8/9): Locals say new studio is in a home on Lake Austin in West Austin, Texas.
Rogan has mentioned on his own podcast the possible move to Austin before but has yet to confirm any decision.
On Diaz's July 15 podcast episode, "The Church #804," Diaz himself said he is thinking about leaving California, citing taxes, a reported rise in crime and cuts to police budgets. He went on to say that he received a call from Rogan last week that he is moving next month.
Rogan last mentioned a possible move to Austin in June, saying he would fly guests out to be part of his podcast. The "Joe Rogan Experience" podcast landed a deal with Spotify this year reportedly worth $100 million.
Rogan was rumored to be looking for real estate in Austin.
Want to read more stories like this one? Start every day with a quick look at what's happening in Austin. Sign up for Austonia.com's free daily morning email.
- Austin's Hodgepodge Media rethinks its plan for a new kids podcast ... ›
- 12 Austin podcasts you can't miss - austonia ›
- Will Joe Rogan move his $100 million podcast to Austin? - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan says he's moving to Texas 'soon' - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan buys Lake Austin home for new studio, HQ in Austin, Texas - austonia ›
- Dreaming about becoming an Austinite? Here are 8 Things You'll Love About the City - austonia ›
- The names behind the Joe Rogan podcast studio - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan's new home is a $14 million mansion on Lake Austin - austonia ›
- 'Iconoclast' Joe Rogan is in Austin, political views hard to define - austonia ›
In a new real estate report looking at the most and least expensive cities to buy a house, Austin crumbled, falling near the bottom of the list and below every other Texas city mentioned.
- James Van Der Beek moves family to Texas from California - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan's new home is a $14 million mansion on Lake Austin ... ›
- Elijah Wood's Victorian Austin home goes on the market - austonia ›
With Thanksgiving a few days away, finding the perfect wine to serve during dinner can be time consuming for anyone. Whether you are looking for a full-bodied red to serve during your dinner, or a rich white wine to pair with appetizers and desserts, Texas wines have so much to offer.
2018 Haak Vineyards Ensaio BDB dry, $19<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yNDgwNjE4MS9vcmlnaW4ucG5nIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTYzNDk2MTA4OH0.SVj7i9eqim_LGO_VAJ_vN7HCQtq-rzox9hKN2jj3Dq8/img.png?width=980" id="d9dc8" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="8574b90092484c3d2a449b099cf786c6" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" />
2019 Calais Winery Cuvee du Rocher Reserve, $36<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yNDgwNjE4NC9vcmlnaW4ucG5nIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTY2NDQyOTc3Nn0.nVPN96n7-rY25Qu_rAQ7Lk6VIVQ4ARP-Kwer9M0Zeyo/img.png?width=980" id="57521" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="1e9b4e2372d95616ccdfbf35a6e274af" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" />
2018 Brennan Vineyards Roussanne, $18<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yNDgwNjE5MS9vcmlnaW4ucG5nIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTY1MDI5ODY5M30.xOENqjjewnhqYk7D86MjNzCijANZg3Qmddhhjwaq9NI/img.png?width=980" id="6da4a" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="8ba7caadc009a601a307dfa5f14dc226" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" />
2018 Duchman Family Winery Vermentino, $26<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yNDgwNjE5OC9vcmlnaW4ucG5nIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTYzNzI0MDAyMH0.Kv_5KtI6sG0kssHcoqEICRWjRpgVhi6LZuvZB8rn4Uw/img.png?width=980" id="218d1" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="7a541b69cff9368723172f7211fa3ac1" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" />
Duchman Winery<p>With so many new normals in 2020, you might want to switch up your Thanksgiving dinner by adding some seafood options. If you are looking for a wine pairing to suit your needs or to add flavor to any herb-filled dish, try this award winning vermentino. You can learn more about this wine at <a href="https://www.duchmanwinery.com/" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">duchmanwinery.com</a>.</p>
2019 Landon Winery Viognier, $20<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yNDgwNjIwMS9vcmlnaW4ucG5nIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTYzNDAzNjA4Nn0.ai8nCQ4HtVt2p7XT57kOBXenNI6lRWXNdBfhX9yqusA/img.png?width=980" id="aaa2e" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="2d6b206fa7ac7f45ae818e3fdc847262" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" />
2017 Bending Branch Winery Cabernet Sauvignon, $50<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yNDgwNjIwNC9vcmlnaW4ucG5nIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTY1OTU1MTA3OH0.DVeBrH8kkdWqGOcoltQZc83LLPEZrZTfVOSXsGVteas/img.png?width=980" id="7d84d" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="70cc366c0eb003396eb22cf8b159042f" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" />
2017 Pedernales Cellars TX Malbec, $40<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yNDgwNjIxMC9vcmlnaW4ucG5nIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTY2MjA4NjA0NH0.fQJ0amoXIjUsuDuLr7iX7Kgd1URmVEFQ4Zd8Q9HP0E0/img.png?width=980" id="75161" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="b1bbef5a3d4fe105689b4ddb5d71801a" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" />
2017 Kuhlman Cellars Zinfandel, $34<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yNDgwNjIxMi9vcmlnaW4ucG5nIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTYyNTE3Nzg1OX0.t94GOwH-fUpKDnp9Bgbz8k3LJXdShqnwvn1ZFA_20VA/img.png?width=980" id="5c629" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="0c51053776822e0f5cfd4580994d1025" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" />
2013 Bending Branch Winery Tannat EM, $45<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yNDgwNjIxNS9vcmlnaW4ucG5nIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTYyODMzNjc4MH0.PAL89dldrpFHFD4NINkRsfij4wAFAxGVix819jnEdWM/img.png?width=980" id="8e874" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="3c055c6444d0819b76911151f7199655" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" />
Bending Branch Winery<p>Amplify the rich taste of any holiday meal with this Texas tannat. Your savory dinner options, such as roasted meats and salty entrees, will happily pair with the acidity and notes of cola, spearmint, cedar and violets with this tannat. You can learn more about this wine at <a href="https://www.bendingbranchwinery.com/" target="_blank">bendingbranchwinery.com</a>.</p>
2017 Kuhlman Cellars Reserve Merlot, $38<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yNDgwNjIyMy9vcmlnaW4ucG5nIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTYyMTQ1MTkzOH0.0xAByeUklURkGx2z2EMbHkyvsrEKMEBi2gu8s3tjEeo/img.png?width=980" id="09a08" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="c35faec57e42af9bf9d76ae847660186" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" />
- Hope to enjoy Thanksgiving? Then skip Halloween in Austin ... ›
- Here is where you can order your Thanksgiving meal package ... ›
- 5 new breweries and more in Austin - austonia ›
- 4 Austin optimists opening new businesses in the pandemic - austonia ›
Austin’s immigrant advocates are optimistic about a Biden administration—but experts caution patience
Local immigration advocates expect that, very soon after President-elect Joe Biden is inaugurated on Jan. 20, he will begin overturning federal policies implemented during the Trump administration. And then they expect demand for immigrant legal services in Austin to jump.
- Austin braces for election-week unrest - austonia ›
- International students at Texas universities can't return - austonia ›
- Political organization reaches an all-time high in Austin's Asian ... ›
- Protest recap: Austinites rally after election results - austonia ›
- UT professors chosen for Joe Biden's transition team - austonia ›
Local health officials repeated their request that Austinites not gather this Thanksgiving and recommended that Travis County schools return to virtual learning in the week after the holiday in an attempt to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
- How risky are your holiday plans this year? - austonia ›
- Austin's homeless shelters weather the holidays—and COVID ... ›
- Everything we know about COVID-19 in Austin right now - austonia ›
- Austin-Travis County returns to Stage 4 as COVID cases surge ... ›
- Austin sees COVID cases increase ahead of Thanksgiving - austonia ›
Williamson County Judge Bill Gravell reportedly violated his own stay-at-home order by attending a family birthday party in the spring.
The CEO of Dropbox, one of the most popular cloud storage services, is planning a move to Austin.
A 'brutal winter' ahead: Austin restaurateurs say new COVID recommendations will further deter business
When local officials recommended businesses limit their capacity beyond state requirements due to the current surge in COVID cases, restaurateur Eric Silverstein was discouraged.
- Austin bar closures also close some dining establishments - austonia ›
- Restaurant capacity expands to 75% in Austin - austonia ›
- Austin restaurants and businesses struggle due to COVID-19 ... ›
- Many Austin restaurants can't afford reduced capacity - austonia ›
- Everything we know about COVID-19 in Austin right now - austonia ›