Joe Rogan is reportedly moving to Austin, comedian and friend Joey Diaz said on his podcast.
UPDATE (8/9):Locals say new studio is in a home on Lake Austin in West Austin, Texas.
Rogan has mentioned on his own podcast the possible move to Austin before but has yet to confirm any decision.
On Diaz's July 15 podcast episode, "The Church #804," Diaz himself said he is thinking about leaving California, citing taxes, a reported rise in crime and cuts to police budgets. He went on to say that he received a call from Rogan last week that he is moving next month.
Rogan last mentioned a possible move to Austin in June, saying he would fly guests out to be part of his podcast. The "Joe Rogan Experience" podcast landed a deal with Spotify this year reportedly worth $100 million.
Rogan was rumored to be looking for real estate in Austin.
Want to read more stories like this one? Start every day with a quick look at what's happening in Austin. Sign up for Austonia.com's free daily morning email.
- Austin's Hodgepodge Media rethinks its plan for a new kids podcast ... ›
- 12 Austin podcasts you can't miss - austonia ›
- Will Joe Rogan move his $100 million podcast to Austin? - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan says he's moving to Texas 'soon' - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan buys Lake Austin home for new studio, HQ in Austin, Texas - austonia ›
- Dreaming about becoming an Austinite? Here are 8 Things You'll Love About the City - austonia ›
- The names behind the Joe Rogan podcast studio - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan's new home is a $14 million mansion on Lake Austin - austonia ›
- 'Iconoclast' Joe Rogan is in Austin, political views hard to define - austonia ›
- California man warns against moving to Austin in Op-Ed - austonia ›
Austin-Travis County EMS responded to a major car wreck involving multiple vehicles and a semi-truck along I-35 Wednesday morning.
The crash occurred at 12100 North I-35 going south, according to ATCEMS, with a total of 12 people involved, including one minor. Four were transported to the hospital with three declared trauma alerts. Another four people refused EMS transport.
None of the transports are expected to have life-threatening injuries.
Major Traffic Collision at 12100 N Ih 35 Sb (08:26). #ATCEMS & @Austinfireinfo are on scene of a collision involving multiple vehicles & a semi truck. #ATCEMSMedics reporting 12 total patients w/ 5 needing transport, 2 have been declared Trauma Alerts. More info to follow. pic.twitter.com/voKNcLbTDW
— ATCEMS (@ATCEMS) June 29, 2022
At 9 a.m., I-35 was blocked off from Yager Lane to Braker Lane.
- EMS responds to seven-car crash with 18-wheeler in Manor - austonia ›
- State Highway 130 reached all-time high traffic in 2021 - austonia ›
- TxDOT to reshape I-35 and remove upper deck near downtown ... ›
- Proposals for I-35 revamp address Riverside, frontage roads ... ›
- Community members stand opposed to I-35 expansion - austonia ›
Enjoy live music all weekend long and check out the hotels’ state-of-the-art amenities between sets. Make a splash in the pool, enjoy outdoor fire pits, or challenge your friends in a yard game while enjoying a weekend full of live music! Did we mention the package includes deluxe accommodations and a bucket of beer? Oh, and if you needed more convincing, this pet-friendly hotel means the whole family can join in on the fun.
Explore any of the Court Hotels by Valencia Hotel Group for a memorable escape. Each property offers a unique experience remnant of yesteryear but with all of the modern amenities that make for a fun and comfortable stay. With acres of landscaped courtyards, relax and unwind in an outdoor environment perfect for doing everything or absolutely nothing at all. With locations in Austin, College Station, Irving, and Lubbock your urban retreat has never been so close.
Locals and travelers alike are invited to enjoy the deep roots of Texas music all summer long with a robust lineup of live performances. From the banks of the San Antonio Riverwalk to Irving’s manicured streets, Valencia’s hotels are a place to gather and reconnect, offering uniquely Texan settings for the weekly performances.
“We’re proud of the community we’ve fostered among Texas musicians and the many rising stars who perform at our properties,” says Amy Trench, corporate director of brand marketing & PR for Valencia Hotel Group.
With unique programming at each of Valencia’s properties, there’s something for everyone to enjoy all summer long.
If you’re a Valencia Hotel Group Rewards member, the perks are plentiful. Enjoy up to 10% off the Best Available Rate, and for a limited time, members can save up to 15% off a stay of 2 nights or more, for select stays in 2022.
But that’s really just the beginning. At select locations, you can enjoy discounts on weeknight stays, a complimentary third night, or curated packages for a romantic getaway or a night of watching the Verde at Q2 Stadium. You’ll also find special rates for AAA and AARP Members, educators, and front-line heroes including military, law enforcement, fire, and rescue workers.