It is, reportedly, "one of the biggest transactions in the area's history," and rumors among real estate professionals put the sale price closer to $28 million.
Rogan's name isn't on the property tax rolls yet, but the house was sold at an undisclosed price—reported at $14.4 million but rumored up to $28 million in real-estate circles. Texas is a non-disclosure state and even appraisers aren't allowed to know selling prices. Variety reports Rogan's purchase was off market.
Rogan has one of the world's most popular podcasts. His audio-and video-podcast "The Joe Rogan Experience" draws in an estimated 200 million monthly listens and views. It is unclear if Rogan is broadcasting his podcast from his new property. He first teased his new Texas studio in August on social media.
He recently moved to Austin, where he now runs his podcast under a new, $100-million licensing deal with Spotify. His frequent episodes feature various guests—including, recently, former boxing champion Mike Tyson, Texas comic Ron White and pop singer Miley Cyrus—and cover an array of topics.
With more than 11,000 square feet on nearly four tree-lined acres, the house sits near the lake, a grassy backyard leading to the water's edge, a sundeck over the water, boat slips with a party deck, an expansive lawn and giant circle drive with detached garages.
"Several years ago, the stately main structure sported a distinctly early-2000s faux-Mediterranean flare that was popular amongst the well-heeled suburban Hill Country crowds back in the day. However, the property's previous owners — architectural designer Benjamin Wood and his philanthropic wife Theresa Castellano-Wood — recently gave the whole place an extensive makeover and it now boasts a much sleeker, Texas-inspired modern farmhouse look with just a dash of Mediterranean influence still shining through....
"Out back, there's a sprawling grassy backyard for Rogan's dog, Marshall Mae, to frolic to his heart's content. The recent renovation added a large saltwater pool to the property, and there's a solarium plus lots of covered patio space to lazily chat with friends, safe from the oppressive heat of the Texas sun. And, of course, the estate also features the obligatory party deck — a must-have for any moneyed river rat living along the lake — and two boat slips."
More on Joe Rogan:
- The names behind the Joe Rogan podcast studio - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan teases new Texas podcast studio; locals say it's a home ... ›
- joe-rogan - austonia ›
- UPDATED 8/9 Joe Rogan says he's moving to Texas 'soon' - austonia ›
- UPDATED 8/9 Will Joe Rogan move his $100 million podcast to ... ›
- Joe Rogan posts podcast studio as he makes move to Austin ... ›
- UPDATED 8/9 Joe Rogan moving to Austin, Texas next month says ... ›
- EXCLUSIVE: Joe Rogan teases new Texas podcast studio; locals ... ›
- The names behind the Joe Rogan podcast studio - austonia ›
- Could a presidential debate be led by Joe Rogan in Austin? - austonia ›
- James Van Der Beek moves family to Texas from California - austonia ›
- Austin could soon be the set of the "Walker, Texas Ranger" reboot starring Jared Padalecki - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan cancels podcast episodes this week, including possible Kanye West interview - austonia ›
- Minister of Culture Matthew McConaughey talks preserving Austin culture on Joe Rogan podcast - austonia ›
- $9 million ranch for sale is a small fiefdom - austonia ›
- Austin is one of the least affordable cities in the country - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan episode talks about socialism - austonia ›
- What billionaires like Elon Musk look for in Austin real estate - austonia ›
- Host of the Bachelor Chris Harrison is moving to Austin - austonia ›
- SOLD: Mystery buyer purchases Austin's most expensive home - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan sells Los Angeles home after moving to Austin - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan is opening new comedy club in austin, texas - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan moves into new well-lit studio in Austin - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan retracts telling young people not to get vaccine - austonia ›
- Two luxury Austin hotels listed on Conde Nast Travelers list - austonia ›
- 5 luxurious, trophy ranch homes on the market in Austin - austonia ›
- A look inside Soho House Austin, a luxe club for creatives - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan is reportedly looking for a new Austin home - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan's influence wanes in the Spotify era of $100M podcast - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan tests positive for COVID-19 - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan says he will 'try to balance' viewpoints on podcast - austonia ›
Someday, electric vehicles could go distances fit for road trips across Texas.
Researchers at the University of Texas at Austin, who have previously made strides in the lithium-ion battery industry, have developed a new electrode for such batteries that could draw greater power and allow faster charging.
So far, the research has looked at just a single type of battery electrode and is in its early stages. But it offers exciting potential as some buyers consider driving range an important factor when making the switch to an EV or picking one.
Tesla’s Model Y being produced out of Giga Texas, for example, offers an estimated 330-mile range, which is lower than what many have become accustomed to in gas-powered vehicles.
So UT professor Guihua Yu, along with other researchers, had their findings on battery electrodes published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
“The unprecedented growth of electric vehicles during the past decade has played an indispensable role in paving the way for a carbon-neutral future,” the researchers write.
That’s why it’s key to address a hitch with next-generation batteries, where restacking material can cause “significant bottlenecks” in charge transport, Yu says. Consequently, it can be difficult to achieve high energy and fast charging.
To tackle the sluggish reactions of electrodes, the team used thin two-dimensional materials as the building blocks and stacked them to create thickness. Then, they used a magnetic field to manipulate their orientations and put the materials in vertical alignment. In doing so, researchers essentially made a fast lane for ions to travel through the electrode.
They compared their results to a commercial electrode and a horizontally arranged one for experimental control purposes. In that comparison, they recharged the vertical thick electrode to 50% energy level in 30 minutes. The horizontal electrode took 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Zhengyu Ju, a graduate student in Yu’s research group who is leading this project, said the team’s electrode shows superior electrochemical performance.
In part, that’s “thanks to the unique architecture we designed,” Ju said. It ultimately allowed for high mechanical strength, high electrical conductivity and facilitated lithium-ion transport.
Going forward, the team aims to generalize their methodology of vertically organized electrode layers to apply it to different types of electrodes using other materials. They imagine if this technique becomes more widely adopted in industry, it may create future fast-charging, high-energy batteries to power EVs.
- UT Austin makes list of nation's Top 25 Party Schools - austonia ›
- UT-Austin's 'Frack King' has a vision for clean, geothermal energy ›
- UT admits the most diverse class in the school's history - austonia ›
- The University of Texas system could beat out an Ivy as the richest ... ›
- UT reports three students bitten by raccoons - austonia ›
- PHOTOS: Peek inside the Tesla Gigafactory producing Model Ys in ... ›
- Tesla offers travel support for employees leaving home state for ... ›
- Tesla is adding a 500,000-square-foot building to Giga Texas ... ›
- New filing shows Tesla plans to build $1.5M dealership in Austin ... ›
Camp Fimfo Waco, a brand new camping resort, is kicking off football and fall camping season in style! With top-notch amenities, premium accommodations, and 10 weekends of fall fun, there’s no better place to have a fall camping getaway, especially if you’re a Baylor football fan!
Fall promises to be a one-of-a-kind camping experience. From Sept. 16 to Nov. 24, weekends will be packed with fall-themed activities, including special Halloween weekends in October. Campers can enjoy activities like fall crafts, campground trick-or-treating, costume contests, site decorating, outdoor movie nights, and more!
Packages and Ways to Stay
Camp Fimfo Waco
Located just 5 miles from McLane Stadium, Camp Fimfo Waco is the perfect place to stay during home game weekends. Skip the stuffy hotel room and embrace the great outdoors before cheering on the Baylor Bears! Campers can purchase a Baylor Tailgating Package that includes a pre-game meal from Executive Chef Sean Kelley and transportation to and from the game! Chef Kelley will also be cooking up delicious, elevated tailgating meals near the stadium so make sure to check out The Plaid Plate food truck before the game.
Stay in style and comfort, no matter your camping preference! At Camp Fimfo Waco, there are multiple ways to stay. Red Carpet RV sites come with a concrete pad and patio, full hook-ups, cable hook-up, a charcoal grill, fire ring and fire pit. Back-in or pull-thru options are available, as well as coveted spots tucked along the Bosque River!
Don’t have an RV? Not a problem, Camp Fimfo Waco has cabins too! Book a Riverview Firewheel Cabin if you’re looking for an air-conditioned oasis for the whole family. Complete with a kitchen and private bathroom, this cabin can fit up to 10 people. Elevate your stay by adding on a golf cart or snag a private cabana by the pool for guaranteed shade. With wifi available throughout the park, you can stay connected during your stay!
Amenities and Activities
Camp Fimfo Waco
Camp Fimfo Waco features lots of amenities to fill your days with fun, whether you’re a kid or kid at heart. After challenging your friends to a game of pickleball, basketball, or mini golf, go for a dip in the resort-style, heated pool - open daily through October! Stay on the weekends through October to enjoy the interactive splash playground. With plenty of ways to burn off energy, like the jumping pillow or playground, you can be sure to end the day with a peaceful night around the campfire!
Right now, you can get the fourth night FREE when you book three nights with the promo code BONUS! Check out the Offers page for full details and more promo codes!