It is, reportedly, "one of the biggest transactions in the area's history," and rumors among real estate professionals put the sale price closer to $28 million.
Rogan's name isn't on the property tax rolls yet, but the house was sold at an undisclosed price—reported at $14.4 million but rumored up to $28 million in real-estate circles. Texas is a non-disclosure state and even appraisers aren't allowed to know selling prices. Variety reports Rogan's purchase was off market.
Rogan has one of the world's most popular podcasts. His audio-and video-podcast "The Joe Rogan Experience" draws in an estimated 200 million monthly listens and views. It is unclear if Rogan is broadcasting his podcast from his new property. He first teased his new Texas studio in August on social media.
He recently moved to Austin, where he now runs his podcast under a new, $100-million licensing deal with Spotify. His frequent episodes feature various guests—including, recently, former boxing champion Mike Tyson, Texas comic Ron White and pop singer Miley Cyrus—and cover an array of topics.
With more than 11,000 square feet on nearly four tree-lined acres, the house sits near the lake, a grassy backyard leading to the water's edge, a sundeck over the water, boat slips with a party deck, an expansive lawn and giant circle drive with detached garages.
"Several years ago, the stately main structure sported a distinctly early-2000s faux-Mediterranean flare that was popular amongst the well-heeled suburban Hill Country crowds back in the day. However, the property's previous owners — architectural designer Benjamin Wood and his philanthropic wife Theresa Castellano-Wood — recently gave the whole place an extensive makeover and it now boasts a much sleeker, Texas-inspired modern farmhouse look with just a dash of Mediterranean influence still shining through....
"Out back, there's a sprawling grassy backyard for Rogan's dog, Marshall Mae, to frolic to his heart's content. The recent renovation added a large saltwater pool to the property, and there's a solarium plus lots of covered patio space to lazily chat with friends, safe from the oppressive heat of the Texas sun. And, of course, the estate also features the obligatory party deck — a must-have for any moneyed river rat living along the lake — and two boat slips."
More on Joe Rogan:
- The names behind the Joe Rogan podcast studio - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan teases new Texas podcast studio; locals say it's a home ... ›
- joe-rogan - austonia ›
- UPDATED 8/9 Joe Rogan says he's moving to Texas 'soon' - austonia ›
- UPDATED 8/9 Will Joe Rogan move his $100 million podcast to ... ›
- Joe Rogan posts podcast studio as he makes move to Austin ... ›
- UPDATED 8/9 Joe Rogan moving to Austin, Texas next month says ... ›
- EXCLUSIVE: Joe Rogan teases new Texas podcast studio; locals ... ›
- The names behind the Joe Rogan podcast studio - austonia ›
- Could a presidential debate be led by Joe Rogan in Austin? - austonia ›
- James Van Der Beek moves family to Texas from California - austonia ›
- Austin could soon be the set of the "Walker, Texas Ranger" reboot starring Jared Padalecki - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan cancels podcast episodes this week, including possible Kanye West interview - austonia ›
- Minister of Culture Matthew McConaughey talks preserving Austin culture on Joe Rogan podcast - austonia ›
- $9 million ranch for sale is a small fiefdom - austonia ›
- Austin is one of the least affordable cities in the country - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan episode talks about socialism - austonia ›
- What billionaires like Elon Musk look for in Austin real estate - austonia ›
- Host of the Bachelor Chris Harrison is moving to Austin - austonia ›
- SOLD: Mystery buyer purchases Austin's most expensive home - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan sells Los Angeles home after moving to Austin - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan is opening new comedy club in austin, texas - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan moves into new well-lit studio in Austin - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan retracts telling young people not to get vaccine - austonia ›
- Two luxury Austin hotels listed on Conde Nast Travelers list - austonia ›
- 5 luxurious, trophy ranch homes on the market in Austin - austonia ›
- A look inside Soho House Austin, a luxe club for creatives - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan is reportedly looking for a new Austin home - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan's influence wanes in the Spotify era of $100M podcast - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan tests positive for COVID-19 - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan says he will 'try to balance' viewpoints on podcast - austonia ›
Show your love for Tito's and for the community this year with a wide selection of not that ugly, uglyish, ugly, uglier, and ugliest holiday sweaters.
There's lots choose from, and plenty of accessories like scarves and socks, plus gear for your dog, too.
All of the items can be purchased online or at the Love, Tito’s Retail Store in Austin, TX. 100% of all net proceeds from online or in-store purchases go to one of the nonprofits we’ve teamed up with.
🗓 All weekend
Check out this highly anticipated art exhibition with illuminated art along Waller Creek. Tickets are free and the event includes food vendors, dazzling lights, live music, and hands-on activities
All weekend 6 p.m - 10 p.m | 📍Waterloo Park
This iconic holiday tradition lights up for the first time this holiday season starting this weekend! Reserve your spot for an enchanting light and sound performance, delicious hot cocoa, sweet treats, and some overall fun with your friends or family. The show runs till January 6th.
6 p.m and 9 p.m | 📍Mozart's Coffee Roasters - 3825 Lake Austin Blvd, Austin, TX 78703
This fitness event is free and open to the public. Get your morning started right with a "Fitness in the park" class for kickboxing! The class will be led by certified instructors and is a great way to get a cardio workout in while also honing your self-defense skills.
10 a.m - 11 a.m | 📍 Metz Park
Support local LBGTQ+ and female artists at this outdoor market with over 150 vendors. Get your holiday shopping out of the way at this event, with vendors for food trucks, handmade goods, raffles, hands on workshops and activities, and more.
Did someone say cheese?! If you're like me and always willing to get your hands on a bowl of mac and cheese, then this event is for you. Check out the Mac and Cheese festival happening this weekend to decide which vendor has. the best mac and cheese for yourself, and enjoy the bar with creative cocktails while you're at it. Tickets start at $45.
11 a.m - 3 p.m | 📍Lantana Place - 7415 Southwest Parkway