100% Austin news, info, and entertainment, straight to your inbox at 6 a.m. every morning.
In five minutes, you're fully informed and ready to start another great day in our city.
After just a few months of moving to Austin and getting comfortable in a new podcast studio, The Joe Rogan Experience has a new look.
Fans have been complaining for months about the red room Joe Rogan has been talking to podcast guests in since moving from California. He heard them loud and clear and posted on Instagram that the first podcast recorded in the brand new studio was available Saturday with guest comedian Tommy Segura.
The new studio, complete with the same podcast table and relics, is a well-lit, wood-paneled room with a new sign.
Just like the first time around, he brought in local help to bring the studio to life. Local Elm Construction and Project Management, Soundshed Studios, Wrightsmith Studios, Texavy and Roundhouse Relics all had a part in the new home to JRE podcasts. For Soundshed and Wrightsmith, this was their second time around helping Rogan with a podcast studio.
Joe Rogan has stayed busy in his roughly seven months in the capital city. Tapping into his comedy roots, Rogan has booked local stand-up shows with comedian Dave Chappelle in recent months. And a bigger project in the works, Austonia revealed last week that the podcaster is plans to open up a new comedy club at the location of the One World Theatre.
More on Joe Rogan:
- Joe Rogan is opening new comedy club in austin, texas - austonia ›
- The names behind the Joe Rogan podcast studio - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan's new home is a $14 million mansion on Lake Austin ... ›
- Timeline of Joe Rogan moving to Austin - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan retracts telling young people not to get vaccine - austonia ›
- 1 1/2 oz of hibiscus-infused Tito's Handmade Vodka
- 2 oz sparkling water
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 3/4 oz simple syrup
- 1 tsp allspice dram
A week after Texas added two congressional seats and California lost one, state officials reported a population decline in 2020 for the first time in the Golden State's history.
California fell by over 182,000 people from January 2020 to January 2021, dropping almost 0.5% to cap out at around 39.5 million people. It is still the nation's most populous state.
For over thirty years, California has seen more people leave than move in from other states, state officials said, with 6.1 million people moving out and 4.9 million coming in last year. Immigration and births kept California growing, but the state saw a shrink in international migration in 2020 due to COVID and the White House's hold on visas.
Of the steady flow of ex-Californians moving to other states, more are moving to Texas than any other state. Many are relocating to Austin, which has been labeled a "little California" by billionaire resident Elon Musk and continues to grow astronomically.
Meanwhile, California cities including Los Angeles, San Diego, San Jose and San Francisco saw a population decline.
With immigration and state migration on the decline, the Golden State was also hit with a spike in deaths- 51,000 people died from COVID in 2020, and all but seven of the state's counties saw death rates higher than the three-year average.
Still, the California Department of Finance said a "slightly positive annual growth" can be expected next year as the state recovers from COVID deaths and political repercussions.
- 2020 Census marks 10 years of most rapid growth for Austin - austonia ›
- Joah Spearman responds to a California's man hate of Austin ... ›
- Little California: Techsodus transplants love Austin, but does the city ... ›
- Celebrities who moved to austin, texas in 2020, and those to move ... ›
- California tech employees move to austin for business and way of ... ›
- California man warns against moving to Austin in Op-Ed - austonia ›
- Migration insights of Austin, who is moving to the city and who is ... ›
- Tesla's Elon Musk becomes 3rd richest person in the world - austonia ›
- Californian Texodus is affecting Texas on a national political scale ... ›
- Texas will gain two congressional seats after 2020 census - austonia ›