At least six people died in separate incidents over the weekend, according to police.
- Austin-Travis County EMS responded to 12 motorcycle incidents, involving 14 people, as the Republic of Texas Motorcycle Rally was held in Bastrop over the weekend. Three died at the scene, eight were taken to the hospital with one in critical condition.
- Austin police officers shot and killed a man who was wielding a knife in North Austin at noon Sunday. A police officer stopped to check on a man who was in a disabled vehicle on E. Koenig Lane; the man had a knife and was described as "quite irate" and "erratic." Officers said the man shouted to "just shoot me" before advancing toward the officers. After using a less-lethal firearm, two other officers fired their guns and shot the man. The man was declared dead at 1:09 p.m. after he was taken to the hospital.
- A woman's body was found in a vehicle at 5 p.m. Sunday in a parking lot at the West Riverside Splash Pad at Auditorium Shores. Austin police are investigating it as a suspicious death and have not released further information.
- One has been confirmed dead and three were taken to the hospital after a shooting at 7:20 p.m. Sunday in Northwest Austin. Williamson County Sheriff’s Office said a verbal altercation resulted in shots being fired in the 12600 block of Oro Valley Trail.
- Austin police search for suspects in downtown shooting - austonia ›
- 14 elementary school students, 1 teacher killed in Uvalde shooting ... ›
- 6th Street mass shooting leaves 13 people injured - austonia ›
- Four injured in Austin Sixth Street shooting during SXSW - austonia ›
- 5 places with hotter weather than Austin - austonia ›
- Electric grid struggles to keep up as Austin trudges through record heat - austonia ›
- Austin and other cities that broke heat records this week - austonia ›
Show your love for Tito's and for the community this year with a wide selection of not that ugly, uglyish, ugly, uglier, and ugliest holiday sweaters.
There's lots choose from, and plenty of accessories like scarves and socks, plus gear for your dog, too.
All of the items can be purchased online or at the Love, Tito’s Retail Store in Austin, TX. 100% of all net proceeds from online or in-store purchases go to one of the nonprofits we’ve teamed up with.
🗓 All weekend
Check out this highly anticipated art exhibition with illuminated art along Waller Creek. Tickets are free and the event includes food vendors, dazzling lights, live music, and hands-on activities
All weekend 6 p.m - 10 p.m | 📍Waterloo Park
This iconic holiday tradition lights up for the first time this holiday season starting this weekend! Reserve your spot for an enchanting light and sound performance, delicious hot cocoa, sweet treats, and some overall fun with your friends or family. The show runs till January 6th.
6 p.m and 9 p.m | 📍Mozart's Coffee Roasters - 3825 Lake Austin Blvd, Austin, TX 78703
This fitness event is free and open to the public. Get your morning started right with a "Fitness in the park" class for kickboxing! The class will be led by certified instructors and is a great way to get a cardio workout in while also honing your self-defense skills.
10 a.m - 11 a.m | 📍 Metz Park
Support local LBGTQ+ and female artists at this outdoor market with over 150 vendors. Get your holiday shopping out of the way at this event, with vendors for food trucks, handmade goods, raffles, hands on workshops and activities, and more.
Did someone say cheese?! If you're like me and always willing to get your hands on a bowl of mac and cheese, then this event is for you. Check out the Mac and Cheese festival happening this weekend to decide which vendor has. the best mac and cheese for yourself, and enjoy the bar with creative cocktails while you're at it. Tickets start at $45.
11 a.m - 3 p.m | 📍Lantana Place - 7415 Southwest Parkway