Kayakers spotted an alligator in Lady Bird Lake last week, KVUE reports. "It's not common, but I wouldn't say it's out of the ordinary, either," the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department's alligator program leader said.
Following the purchase of a converted 34-foot-long van, Addicus' Legacy Dog Rescue's pups headed to their forever homes in style during its maiden voyage last week.
- 1 1/2 oz Tito's Handmade Vodka
- 2 oz sparkling water
- 1/2 oz coconut sugar simple syrup
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 2-4 kiwi slices, peeled
- 2 basil leaves
Vaccine week 13: Travis County to receive more than 75K doses of vaccine thanks to Johnson & Johnson bump
Eighty-seven providers in Travis County will receive a total of 75,540 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine for the week of March 8 as part of the 13th weekly allocation, a nearly 62% increase compared to last week's. The significant increase is largely due to inclusion of the new Johnson & Johnson vaccine, which received an emergency use authorization from the FDA last weekend.
The bulk will go to hub providers Austin Public Health and UT Health Austin, the clinical wing of Dell Medical School, as well as to Seton Medical Center, which will receive the largest share of this week's shipment. These three providers will either receive doses from Moderna or Pfizer.
- Everything we know about Austin's COVID vaccine rollout - austonia ›
- UT professor played role in Pfizer and Moderna's COVID vaccines ... ›
- A 'handful' of ineligible people got the COVID vaccine in Austin ... ›
- Austin healthcare offering COVID-19 vaccine waitlists - austonia ›
- Complete guide to 5-county Austin-area COVID vaccine providers - austonia ›
- COVID-19 vaccines resume in Austin after weather emergency - austonia ›
- Travis County to vaccinate 3k at COTA drive-thru event - austonia ›
- Will the US reach herd immunity by April? Experts disagree - austonia ›
- Eligible Austinites frustrated by long wait for COVID vaccine - austonia ›