Kendra Scott, the Austin entrepreneur who owns a billion-dollar jewelry empire, will be the next guest judge on ABC's "Shark Tank" in its newest Las Vegas season.
Scott, along with TOMS shoes owner Blake Mycoskie, will appear on various episodes of the show's 12th season, which airs on Oct. 16. "Shark Tank" judges listen to business pitches from small-time entrepreneurs and assist them in making their companies successful.
This is Scott's latest endeavor after becoming a professor of practice at The University of Texas at Austin. Her business, Kendra Scott, LLC, was started in 2002 and puts her among only 16 women in the U.S. to carry the title of founder of a company valued at $1 billion.
More on Kendra Scott:
- Robert F. Smith reportedly under investigation for potential tax crimes ›
- 8 Austin billionaires make a return to the Forbes 400 list - austonia ›
- Who are the Austin billionaires? The new list is out. - austonia ›
- influencers - austonia ›
- Kendra Scott lights up Austin to celebrate Shark Tank debut tonight - austonia ›
- Austin company pitches masks for dogs - austonia ›
- Two Austin locals make a return to Shark Tank - austonia ›
- Forbes' 2021 30 Under 30 list features 6 enterprising Austinites - austonia ›
- Kendra Scott is stepping down as CEO of the Austin-based jewelry empire - austonia ›
- 5 Austin businesses earn $100k each as part of Google's Startups Black Founders Fund - austonia ›
- Forbes 400 names seven Austin billionaires and two bite the dust - austonia ›
- Austin's Kendra Scott announces release date of first memoir - austonia ›
- Meet the Austin man giving away $2k grants for young people to pursue their dreams - austonia ›
Show your love for Tito's and for the community this year with a wide selection of not that ugly, uglyish, ugly, uglier, and ugliest holiday sweaters.
There's lots choose from, and plenty of accessories like scarves and socks, plus gear for your dog, too.
All of the items can be purchased online or at the Love, Tito’s Retail Store in Austin, TX. 100% of all net proceeds from online or in-store purchases go to one of the nonprofits we’ve teamed up with.
🗓 All weekend
Check out this highly anticipated art exhibition with illuminated art along Waller Creek. Tickets are free and the event includes food vendors, dazzling lights, live music, and hands-on activities
All weekend 6 p.m - 10 p.m | 📍Waterloo Park
This iconic holiday tradition lights up for the first time this holiday season starting this weekend! Reserve your spot for an enchanting light and sound performance, delicious hot cocoa, sweet treats, and some overall fun with your friends or family. The show runs till January 6th.
6 p.m and 9 p.m | 📍Mozart's Coffee Roasters - 3825 Lake Austin Blvd, Austin, TX 78703
This fitness event is free and open to the public. Get your morning started right with a "Fitness in the park" class for kickboxing! The class will be led by certified instructors and is a great way to get a cardio workout in while also honing your self-defense skills.
10 a.m - 11 a.m | 📍 Metz Park
Support local LBGTQ+ and female artists at this outdoor market with over 150 vendors. Get your holiday shopping out of the way at this event, with vendors for food trucks, handmade goods, raffles, hands on workshops and activities, and more.
Did someone say cheese?! If you're like me and always willing to get your hands on a bowl of mac and cheese, then this event is for you. Check out the Mac and Cheese festival happening this weekend to decide which vendor has. the best mac and cheese for yourself, and enjoy the bar with creative cocktails while you're at it. Tickets start at $45.
11 a.m - 3 p.m | 📍Lantana Place - 7415 Southwest Parkway