Former Longhorn Emmanuel Acho talks to Matthew McConaughey in 'Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man'
Former Texas Longhorn Emmanuel Acho has moved from the football field to the internet and is now the host of "Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man." Here he is joined by fellow Austinite and Oscar-winner Matthew McConaughey to talk about race, Black Lives Matter and the responsibility white people have to help address inequality in America.
Matthew @McConaughey sits down to have an Uncomfortable Conversation with a Black Man. Enjoy & share https://t.co/1axueAFIyu— Emmanuel Acho (@Emmanuel Acho)1591747231.0
Since George Floyd was killed by a Minneapolis police officer in May, widespread protests have brought the subject of America's racial injustices to the forefront of the national conversation.
Dear white people, For days you’ve asked me what you can do to help. I’ve finally found an answer. Let your guard… https://t.co/8OER2qi8ez— Emmanuel Acho (@Emmanuel Acho)1591056623.0
Acho's show has taken off since it debuted a week ago. Episode 1 has already had over 485,000 views on YouTube and Acho's Twitter has become a place for thousands more to talk about their experiences. On "Good Morning America" this morning, Acho talked about the success of his videos, saying, "what it means is that hearts are open, minds are ready to be turned, lives are ready to be changed."
- Sweeping changes to budget, policy for Austin police - austonia ›
- UT football players protest police brutality in Austin - austonia ›
- Two days of protest: demonstrators shut down I-35, Austin police ... ›
- Acho says University of Texas should address racist past - austonia ›
- 'Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man' book - austonia ›
- McConaughey, Bosh join in on #ChallengeAccepted - austonia ›
- Austinite Matthew McConaughey announces new book Greenlights - austonia ›
- The Oprah Conversation has Emmanuel Acho's 'uncomfortable conversations' - austonia ›
- Matthew McConaughey to 'talk shop' with Dr. Fauci live on Instagram - austonia ›
- Austin FC fan club Austin Anthem to host Matthew McConaughey in memers-only Q n A - austonia ›
- Matthew McConaughey featured on the cover of People Magazine… in a photo taken by his kids - austonia ›
- Matthew McConaughey on Hot Ones, with host Sean Evans - austonia ›
- Minister of Culture Matthew McConaughey talks preserving Austin culture on Joe Rogan podcast - austonia ›
Urban Meyer's wife, Shelley, recently visited Austin to assess the real estate situation, Austonia has learned. Does that mean it's time for coaching legend Urban to ride into Austin and take the reins from his former assistant coach Tom Herman?
CompTIA's annual Tech Town Index is out and the results do not disappoint. For the second year in a row, Austin was named the top tech town in the U.S.
- Tesla files site plan for Austin Gigafactory - austonia ›
- Elon Musk's Neuralink startup is hiring in Austin, Texas - austonia ›
- SpaceX job ad reveals early stages of Texas space resort - austonia ›
With the announcement of Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines nearing the home stretch of approval in the U.S., a new danger has poised itself: scam treatments and fraudulent vaccines.
- Austinites test incoming Moderna vaccine with 95% efficacy - austonia ›
- UT professor played role in Pfizer and Moderna's COVID vaccines ... ›
- Texas picked for new Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine - austonia ›
- COVID-19 vaccine trial conducted in Austin reports success - austonia ›
After a fatal accident on Nov. 24, locals mourn the death of Austin couple Jose and Sara Miñán.
- Donors rally behind Austin dive bar Donn's Depot amid COVID ... ›
- Austin protestor Garrett Foster killed by driver - austonia ›
- Austin ISD should delay school or risk 40-1,000 deaths - austonia ›
A majority of the charges related to the Black Lives Matter protests over the summer will be dropped.
Sunday was the busiest day Austin-Bergstrom International Airport has seen since the pandemic began in March, with 12,127 outbound passengers.
- Free COVID-19 testing for Austin protesters—no symptoms required ›
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport sees high traffic - austonia ›
Austin sees slight decline in COVID numbers—but it's still too early to tell the impact of Thanksgiving gatherings
After weeks of warnings, advisories and even an emergency text alert from local health officials, Austin's COVID-19 caseload appears to be on a post-Thanksgiving decline.
- Hope to enjoy Thanksgiving? Then skip Halloween in Austin ... ›
- Austin-Travis County returns to Stage 4 as COVID cases surge ... ›
- Austin Public Health issues post-Thanksgiving COVID guidelines ... ›