Austin police on Monday released what the department calls a "critical incident video" of the April 2020 shooting death of Austin resident Michael Ramos, as ordered by the department's policies regarding police shootings and similar incidents.
Officials warn that the content could be disturbing to some viewers.
Ramos was shot by police, who were responding to a call, as he was driving away from officers. He was unarmed.
His death has prompted numerous protests and calls for reform at the Austin Police Department.
This story will be updated throughout the day.
- Two days of protest: demonstrators shut down I-35, Austin police ... ›
- Travis County DA won't take Ramos, Ambler cases to grand jury ... ›
- Austin Police Department overhaul draws public testimony - austonia ›
- Grand jury in Ramos case delayed by pandemic concerns - austonia ›
- City delays release of video in police killing of Mike Ramos, citing ... ›
- michael-ramos - austonia ›
- Austin delays release of Mike Ramos police footage, citing misstep ... ›
- Austin police identify man killed in officer-involved shooting in ... ›
- Why Protesters In Austin Are Chanting 'Justice for Mike Ramos' ›
- Man killed in police shooting last month did not have firearm, chief ... ›
- Austin Police Report Confirms Michael Ramos Was Fatally Shot ... ›
The Travis Central Appraisal District has identified a new market data source that will allow it to reappraise residential properties in 2021 after a legal dispute with the Austin Board of Realtors prevented the district from doing so this year.
- City of Austin home sales down 33% in April, but prices rise sharply ... ›
- Appraisal review board plans for pandemic-era hearings - austonia ›
- Coronavirus pushes TCAD online as appraisal district prepares for ... ›
Austin's self-made millionaire Kendra Scott turned the city skyline yellow this week in celebration of her "Shark Tank" debut.
- Austin Kendra Scott selling earrings designed by UT students ... ›
- Kendra Scott to begin teaching at the University of Texas soon ... ›
- Local billionaire Kendra Scott takes seat on ABC Shark Tank ... ›
43% of registered voters have cast their ballots in Travis County—with eight days of early voting to go
More than 43% of registered Travis County residents voted early in person or had their mail-in ballots received between Oct. 13 and Thursday, with eight more days to go before the early voting period ends on Oct. 30.
- Travis County sees near-record turnout on first day of early voting ... ›
- Austin businesses reward you for voting early in Travis County ... ›
- Where to vote early in Travis County in the 2020 election - austonia ›
- Travis County's early voting polling places ranked by turnout - austonia ›
- Travis County sees high turnout on first day of early voting - austonia ›
Saturday, the Texas Longhorns will face one of its oldest rivals—Baylor—in a matchup that has all the makings of a do-or-die game for the Longhorn season.
- Texas Longhorns jump into AP's top 10 after Saturday win - austonia ›
- Excitement, tensions build as Austin expects 18k fans at first Texas ... ›
As fall progresses, Texas public school superintendents are realizing that virtual instruction simply is not working for thousands of students across the state.
Austin may receive fall weather in the form of not just one but two cold fronts in the coming days.
- Hurricane Laura may bring little rain to Austin, while Austin sends ... ›
- Heat wave shows up in Austin this weekend—and stays - austonia ›
- Blistering weather ahead: Austin temps could reach 107 every day ... ›
Daniel Perry, the active-duty Army sergeant who says he shot armed Black Lives Matter protester Garrett Foster in self-defense while driving for Uber, took a lie detector test for the incident that happened in July .
- A heavy police presence marked Saturday's protest in downtown ... ›
- Austin protesters clash with police after Garrett Foster's death ... ›
- Man who shot Garrett Foster reveals identity - austonia ›
- Perry's attorney shared photos that he says show damage inflicted ... ›
- Perry was driving for Uber when he shot BLM protestor Foster ... ›