The Austin City Council on Thursday earmarked $1.5 million in relief funds for thousands of Austin's musicians, who are struggling in the wake of the cancellation of South by Southwest and the closure of hundreds of live music venues across the city.
- Austin's the livestream music capital in the time of coronavirus ... ›
- Musician/songwriter John Prine remembered with south Austin mural ›
- Austin360 Livestream List: Watch local musicians from the comfort of ... ›
- Health Alliance for Austin Musicians helping local musicians during ... ›
- Missing live music? Here's a way to see Austin bands live while ... ›
Despite the formal cancelation of today's protest at the Texas State Capitol, hundreds of people gathered along 11th Street and marched to Austin City Hall and back. Some shut down I-35 for the second day in a row, and Austin police used tear gas and beanbag rounds in an effort to move people off the roadway.
The police form a line on Cesar Chavez, stopping the demonstrators marching from City Hall. s3.amazonaws.com