The Joe Rogan Experience will be be available for the first time on Spotify as a result of a reported $100 million licensing deal that takes effect Monday evening. Host Joe Rogan also recently relocated his company to Austin and teased the new studio on his Instagram this past weekend.
The Spotify deal was set to take effect Sept. 1. In a Monday morning Instagram post, Rogan said it is launching at 7 p.m. Texas time because it will be Sept. 1 in Australia.
Per the multi-year licensing deal, Rogan's back catalogue of episodes will be available on Spotify, and later this year, all JRE content will become exclusive to the streaming platform.
Rogan recently told Forbes that nothing will change beyond the podcast's platform. "It will be the exact same show," he said.
In other news, the new home of The Joe Rogan Experience is just about complete, Rogan announced on Instagram this past weekend. He is also rumored to be settling in his new Austin home.
After months of teasing that his podcast would relocate to Texas, Rogan finally confirmed the news last month.
And now it is underway: Rogan posted about the move all weekend, starting with the post about his nearly complete JRE podcast studio.
Other posts included podcast relics that are coming along to Austin.
Rogan provided a first look at the studio earlier this month month. At that time, he was rumored to have been working with a prominent local realtor, touring multiple high-end homes under a non-disclosure agreement.
Between Instagram teasers and a 10-day hiatus from his podcast show, which typically releases multiple episodes a week, fans speculated that Rogan is likely in the process of settling into Austin.
When Rogan first announced he was taking his podcast to Texas, he said he would fly guests in for interviews in the new studio. A Reddit user posted that local podcaster Adam Curry is one of the first post-move guests.
More Joe Rogan:
- 12 Austin podcasts you can't miss - austonia ›
- Will an under-fire Joe Rogan move his $100 million podcast to Austin? ›
- Timeline of Joe Rogan moving to Austin - austonia ›
- UPDATED 8/9 Joe Rogan says he's moving to Texas 'soon' - austonia ›
- EXCLUSIVE: Joe Rogan teases new Texas podcast studio; locals ... ›
- The names behind the Joe Rogan podcast studio - austonia ›
- Could a presidential debate be led by Joe Rogan in Austin? - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan's new home is a $14 million mansion on Lake Austin - austonia ›
- 'Iconoclast' Joe Rogan is in Austin, political views hard to define - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan cancels podcast episodes this week, including possible Kanye West interview - austonia ›
- New Austinite Joe Rogan visits the Governor's Mansion - austonia ›
- 12 Days of Christmas, Day 1: Why 2020 was a good year for Austin - austonia ›
- Joe Rogan sells Los Angeles home after moving to Austin - austonia ›
- What does cheugy mean, what's cheugy in Austin? - austonia ›
💰 A shocking report Friday from Sam Khan Jr. at The Athletic (paywall), based on Freedom of Information Act requests filed with the University of Texas at Austin, documented a $280,000 football recruiting weekend for nine players, including NFL quarterback royal family scion Arch Manning. Of the nine prized potential recruits, five, including Manning, have committed to the Longhorns.
The next weekend, The Athletic reports, UT spent another $350,00 on 14 more recruits, for a total of $630,000.
Here's where the money went for weekend one. This is a partial list of expenses, totaling $221,808. The Athletic reported that the entire weekend cost "nearly $280,000."
- $21,000 airfare, car service, other travel expenses.
- $1,814 candy, cookies, and other snacks for recruits and family members.
- $46,696 34 rooms at the Four Season, for recruits, family members, and selected UT coaches and staff.
- $17,320 Friday lunch buffet.
- $3,359 rented audio system for afternoon Instagram photoshoots.
- $29,129 Friday dinner buffet at DKR club area for 100+ people: recruits/families, coaches/spouses, recruiters.
- $11,880 J.W. Marriott pool bar tab for Friday night parent social, while recruits "hit the town."
- $10,226 Saturday breakfast at the UT Club.
- $9,498 Saturday afternoon parent social while recruits were at Top Golf.
- $36,900 Saturday dinner at III Forks steakhouse
- $2,357 sunset cruise on Lady Bird Lake
- $31,629 Saturday night parent social at the W Austin hotel.
- ? Sunday breakfast at the Sarkisians' Rollingwood home.
The result? After what one recruit parent described as a "five-star visit," Texas sits with the nation's #2 recruiting class, according to 247Sports Composite, with Alabama at #1.
You’ve found your dream home. Now it’s time to design your space.
Let eggersmann make your dreams come true. Not only are their products custom-crafted to last a lifetime, but their team of professional designers, installers, and care specialists are there to assist you from the ideation to the implementation of your gorgeous and highly functional space.
A family-owned business, eggersmann offers modern design solutions for every room in your home and they’ve had a hand in the design of many of the most beautiful homes in Texas, including right here in ATX.
A downtown condo. A house on the lake. South Austin style. All are perfect for eggersmann’s design solutions.
If you’re not sure where to begin, eggersmann has plenty of inspiration to get you started.
Kitchens are living spaces that invite us to indulge our senses; places that help us bond and are the heart of the modern home.
Eggersmann’s modern German kitchens and home living solutions are distinguished not only by unique stone cabinet fronts and exotic veneers, but also technological feats in cabinetry composition and ergonomics like handleless cabinets and motion sliding countertops.
Their ideas spring from over 100 years of experience. Ever since Wilhelm Eggersmann founded this company in 1908, the now global team insists only the best will do and that every kitchen should be as individual as its owner.
Beyond the closet, eggersmann brings soul to your wardrobe.
Tailor made in every aspect, personalize your space to make dressing and attire a special occasion. With innovative design solutions like hidden safes, watch-winders, and other accessory storage that will make the organizationally-obsessed squeal with delight, eggersmann’s team of designers can help you to create a closet you’ll want to spend all day in.
Create modern, beautiful spaces that motivate you to play and socialize. Host the next grand celebration or relax and relieve the tensions of your day. Eggersmann’s entertainment solutions focus on how you live and how you entertain.
Need a TV for a family movie night but prefer something besides a black screen when you’re entertaining? Eggersmann’s remote-controlled lifting technology allows you to do just that. What about design solutions that keep a bustling household organized? Eggersmann makes it all possible.
Working with eggersmann
To learn more about the exceptional luxury cabinetry, exotic durable finishes, and innovative solutions, you may visit one of 6 eggersmann showrooms in the US, one of its retail locations in Canada, Mexico, or the US including Hawaii, or call to make an appointment with the satellite design service here in Austin where a knowledgeable representative will meet you at your home, office, or location of your choice.
The eggersmann team works directly with homeowners to bring their dream spaces into reality or with your interior designer, architect, or builder. They also have extensive experience working with high-rise/multi-unit developers or condo owners.Find the nearest eggersmann location.