The Sherry Matthews Group, an ad agency, has decided to sell the 7,500-square-foot office building it has been in for 20 years.
The agency said in an announcement that, as a result of lessons learned during the pandemic, employees would continue working from home while the company moves to a smaller space where groups of workers could gather at different times.
No price has been announced for the .6 -acre site at 200 S. Congress Ave., but it is valued at $3.78 million by the Travis County Central Appraisal District.
The nearby Austin American-Statesman property is slated for development into a massive mixed-use project.
Agency owner Sherry Matthews made a statement in the announcement.
"We've had many team members who primarily worked from home for years ... But I had always thought that most of the Creative, Account Service, Media and other departments had to be in the office working together to provide stellar service to our clients. This pandemic has taught us just the opposite. The process has been seamless, and our staff is flourishing working remotely. They appreciate recovering additional personal time by not spending hours each day behind the wheel in traffic. They like the quiet time to reflect, write, and work without interruptions."
- Reopening Austin offices plan for one-way foot traffic, sanitizing ... ›
- What $10 million or more can get you in Austin luxury homes ... ›
- Bay area tech workers eye moving to Austin post-pandemic - austonia ›
- Developers see bright future for Austin office market - austonia ›
- Austin's high-rise dwellers say density is not a problem ... ›
- Elijah Wood's Victorian Austin home goes on the market - austonia ›
Sen. Kamala Harris, Democratic vice presidential candidate, will make a campaign stop in Texas on Friday—the last day of early voting in the state—according to an email sent to Democratic lawmakers.
- election-2020 - austonia ›
- Pence denies voter suppression during debate after Abbott limits ... ›
- Kamala Harris and Meghan Markle headline blockbuster final day of ... ›
As fall progresses, Texas public school superintendents are realizing that virtual instruction simply is not working for thousands of students across the state.
The Travis Central Appraisal District has identified a new market data source that will allow it to reappraise residential properties in 2021 after a legal dispute with the Austin Board of Realtors prevented the district from doing so this year.
- City of Austin home sales down 33% in April, but prices rise sharply ... ›
- Appraisal review board plans for pandemic-era hearings - austonia ›
- Coronavirus pushes TCAD online as appraisal district prepares for ... ›
Austin's self-made millionaire Kendra Scott turned the city skyline yellow this week in celebration of her "Shark Tank" debut.
- Austin Kendra Scott selling earrings designed by UT students ... ›
- Kendra Scott to begin teaching at the University of Texas soon ... ›
- Local billionaire Kendra Scott takes seat on ABC Shark Tank ... ›
43% of registered voters have cast their ballots in Travis County—with eight days of early voting to go
More than 43% of registered Travis County residents voted early in person or had their mail-in ballots received between Oct. 13 and Thursday, with eight more days to go before the early voting period ends on Oct. 30.
- Travis County sees near-record turnout on first day of early voting ... ›
- Austin businesses reward you for voting early in Travis County ... ›
- Where to vote early in Travis County in the 2020 election - austonia ›
- Travis County's early voting polling places ranked by turnout - austonia ›
- Travis County sees high turnout on first day of early voting - austonia ›
Saturday, the Texas Longhorns will face one of its oldest rivals—Baylor—in a matchup that has all the makings of a do-or-die game for the Longhorn season.
- Texas Longhorns jump into AP's top 10 after Saturday win - austonia ›
- Excitement, tensions build as Austin expects 18k fans at first Texas ... ›
Austin may receive fall weather in the form of not just one but two cold fronts in the coming days.
- Hurricane Laura may bring little rain to Austin, while Austin sends ... ›
- Heat wave shows up in Austin this weekend—and stays - austonia ›
- Blistering weather ahead: Austin temps could reach 107 every day ... ›