The Travis Central Appraisal District (TCAD) provides administrative and budgetary support for the Travis Appraisal Review Board (ARB). The two separate entities are collaborating to plan how formal protest hearings may be conducted safely during a pandemic while still complying with state statutes.
A total of 118,000 property owners (or their agents) filed protests of property values that TCAD assigned this year. That's more than 25,000 fewer protests that were filed in both 2018 and 2019. A key factor in reducing the number of protests this year is that TCAD did not reappraise residential properties in 2020.
- Coronavirus pushes TCAD online as appraisal district prepares for ... ›
- City of Austin home sales down 33% in April, but prices rise sharply ... ›
- Home prices up after strong start in March, but realtors braced for ... ›
- Travis Central Appraisal District says it will reappraise homes in 2021 - austonia ›
In what was called the "Dodge Bowl" among fans and the media, Coach Todd Dodge adds to the Chaparrals' trophy case by bringing home the State Championship for Westlake High School a second time. Westlake was able to hold off the Southlake Carroll Dragons, winning 52-34 and becoming back-to-back State Champions for the first time in school history.
Increased police, an adjourned Legislature and boarded-up storefronts: Austin preps for Inauguration Day protests
After supporters of President Donald Trump stormed the U.S. Capitol in a deadly riot last week, the FBI circulated an internal bulletin warning of armed protests being held at all 50 state capitols at least until Inauguration Day.
Here in Austin, local and state law enforcement officials have ramped up security around the Texas Capitol, the Texas Legislature has adjourned until Jan. 26 and downtown businesses have boarded up their storefronts—again.
- Texas Capitol amps up security after pro-Trump protest - austonia ›
- Gov. Abbott dispatches National Guard to Austin amid election ... ›
- Austin police prepare for election-week protests - austonia ›
- Downtown Austin boards up in anticipation of protests, again ... ›
- Black Pumas bring Austin music to the VP inaugural fundraising ... ›