Partners Group and Presidium, the corporations behind the development, said in a press release the new plans include:
- Two office buildings with a combined total of around 420,000 square feet that will include fitness areas, parking for electric vehicles and bikes and access to the outdoors
- A 370 unit mid-rise apartment community with affordable housing implemented at 60% of the area median income; the complex will include a clubhouse and rooftop pool.
- 12,000 square feet of retail space to begin the shopping center
- Nearly 1 acre of open space and parkland area open to the public
River Park has garnered criticism from East Austin residents and those worried about gentrification, but the company says it is working to ensure that affordability and community are implemented into the project.
The space will eventually incorporate the entire "live, work, play" dynamic, but it'll be a long time before the project is finalized: River Park's 10 million square foot plans aren't set to be completed for the next decade or two.
- Why there's a cultural divide between north and south austin - austonia ›
- East Riverside is changing with Tesla workers moving in - austonia ›
- 5 mixed-use developments that will change Austin by 2030 - austonia ›
- East Austin development River Park gets new name and plan ... ›
- Three new developments near Mueller set to transform over a block of Manor Road - austonia ›
- VIDEO: Four Seasons plans multimillion-dollar lakefront homes in Austin - austonia ›
- 5 towers and development coming to Austin in 2022 - austonia ›
- Six-story development breaking ground in East Austin in 2022 - austonia ›
- Report: The Domain is getting its highest building yet with nearly 30-story tower - austonia ›
Help us find our editor!
Austonia, a for-profit Austin digital media company, is looking for the right person for a new position as newsletter editor.
Are you an innovator who wants to work exclusively in digital media and push the boundaries? Do you have 3+ years in digital, broadcast, print or agency work? This could be the opportunity for you.
In two years we’ve created a place in the Austin media landscape, and we’re looking for people who can move us toward the front.
- AM email newsletter, 22,500+ daily subscribers
- Austonia.com, reaching 250,000+ users/month
- Social media, 50,000+ followers
Success in this role is based on skills: an excellent writer, editor, visual communicator and storyteller who builds compelling stories with digital and classic elements, who can recruit and mentor contributors in doing the same.
Austin is the most interesting city in the world, and we want to cover it that way. The people, issues, opportunities, challenges, companies and cultures that make Austin dynamic and successful.
Compensation depends on experience. Benefits include PTO and employee Blue Cross Blue Shield “Silver” health coverage, with 100% of the monthly premium paid by the company.
This is a hybrid, mostly remote position. Must live in Austin.
The position reports to Austonia’s CEO.
To apply, follow this link to become a candidate immediately:
Or send your contact info and a link to your LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Camp Fimfo Waco, a brand new camping resort, is kicking off football and fall camping season in style! With top-notch amenities, premium accommodations, and 10 weekends of fall fun, there’s no better place to have a fall camping getaway, especially if you’re a Baylor football fan!
Fall promises to be a one-of-a-kind camping experience. From Sept. 16 to Nov. 24, weekends will be packed with fall-themed activities, including special Halloween weekends in October. Campers can enjoy activities like fall crafts, campground trick-or-treating, costume contests, site decorating, outdoor movie nights, and more!
Packages and Ways to Stay
Camp Fimfo Waco
Located just 5 miles from McLane Stadium, Camp Fimfo Waco is the perfect place to stay during home game weekends. Skip the stuffy hotel room and embrace the great outdoors before cheering on the Baylor Bears! Campers can purchase a Baylor Tailgating Package that includes a pre-game meal from Executive Chef Sean Kelley and transportation to and from the game! Chef Kelley will also be cooking up delicious, elevated tailgating meals near the stadium so make sure to check out The Plaid Plate food truck before the game.
Stay in style and comfort, no matter your camping preference! At Camp Fimfo Waco, there are multiple ways to stay. Red Carpet RV sites come with a concrete pad and patio, full hook-ups, cable hook-up, a charcoal grill, fire ring and fire pit. Back-in or pull-thru options are available, as well as coveted spots tucked along the Bosque River!
Don’t have an RV? Not a problem, Camp Fimfo Waco has cabins too! Book a Riverview Firewheel Cabin if you’re looking for an air-conditioned oasis for the whole family. Complete with a kitchen and private bathroom, this cabin can fit up to 10 people. Elevate your stay by adding on a golf cart or snag a private cabana by the pool for guaranteed shade. With wifi available throughout the park, you can stay connected during your stay!
Amenities and Activities
Camp Fimfo Waco
Camp Fimfo Waco features lots of amenities to fill your days with fun, whether you’re a kid or kid at heart. After challenging your friends to a game of pickleball, basketball, or mini golf, go for a dip in the resort-style, heated pool - open daily through October! Stay on the weekends through October to enjoy the interactive splash playground. With plenty of ways to burn off energy, like the jumping pillow or playground, you can be sure to end the day with a peaceful night around the campfire!
Right now, you can get the fourth night FREE when you book three nights with the promo code BONUS! Check out the Offers page for full details and more promo codes!