Texas Gov. Greg Abbott issued a new proclamation today that will permit fans to attend outdoor professional sports games starting Friday, the Texas Tribune reports.
Capacity must be kept to 25%, and the revised rule does not apply to indoor games, nor to high school and college sports.
Patricia Perez had barely left her house since March, but she was determined to work the voting polls in Travis County, just as she had done for years.
- Travis Co. election workers quit due to COVID fears - austonia ›
- Travis County aims to expand mail-in voting over COVID fears; state ... ›
- 8 oz cran & orange-infused Tito's Handmade Vodka
- 1 bottle prosecco
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 24 oz ginger beer
- 3 apples, sliced
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- Cinnamon sugar, for rimming glass
What Adler’s Mexico vacation means for his chances in the Biden administration—and post-COVID political career
Austin Mayor Steve Adler had seen his star rise over the course of the pandemic, regularly appearing on CNN to discuss the local COVID-19 response and granting interviews to other national news outlets, including Politico. There was also chatter that he might be appointed to a cabinet position in the incoming Biden administration.
So when the news broke that Adler had hosted a small outdoor wedding for his daughter and then flew via private jet to a timeshare in Cabo San Lucas, in early November, he may have had further to fall.
- Zoning laws, long a concern of Austin politics, go national - austonia ›
- Austin Mayor Steve Adler ridiculed after Cabo trip - austonia ›
- Austin Mayor Steve Adler criticized for wedding, travel amid COVID ... ›