Loved by some, hated by many and deeply ingrained into the city, the great-tailed grackle is as synonymous with Austin as Sixth Street.
- Austinites are some of the most sociable pet owners - austonia ›
- Austin company pitches masks for dogs - austonia ›
- Austinites seek quarantine companions as animal shelters work to ... ›
- How to Austin: a field guide to a weird city - austonia ›
A proposed 64-story, 802-foot tower is slated to become the second-tallest skyscraper in Austin.
- A new Austin tower could become the tallest building in Texas ›
- Prime downtown Austin waterfront property goes up for sale as ... ›
- Dramatic downtown Austin drone shows scope of Project Connect's ... ›
After a year full of unprecedented challenges, major states and cities are seeing somewhat of a mass exodus in favor of west and southbound areas with lower density—creating the perfect storm for an Austin migration.
- Host of the Bachelor Chris Harrison is moving to Austin - austonia ›
- The CEO of Dropbox is planning a move to Austin - austonia ›
- Migration insights of Austin, who is moving to the city and who is ... ›
- California tech employees move to austin for business and way of living - austonia ›
A sampling of emergency response reports made over the weekend
- Report of person shot. Esquire Acres Ln & Blue Bluff Rd, Saturday 12:10 p.m.
- ATM theft. Report of four men in an F-150 full of "tools and ladders" attached chains to an ATM. Fled into Zilker neighborhood. 1901 S. Lamar Blvd. at Hether Street, Saturday 2:54 a.m.
- Gunpoint robbery of woman walking to her car. Super 8 motel, 5526 N. I-35, Friday 10:41 p.m.
- Attempted gunpoint robbery at Mi Pueblito Food Mart, black handgun, suspect ran away. 8237 Research Blvd., Saturday 10:34 a.m.
- Gray Porsche crashes into light pole, knocks it down, drives away. I-35 & E. 49th Street, Saturday 8:24 a.m.