An Austin man and former Oklahoma City Zoo employee has avoided jail time after pleading guilty to charges involving trafficking endangered Galapagos tortoises.
- Austin's most popular dog names for 2020 show people are going ... ›
- Rare sighting of bobcats in south Austin caught on camera - austonia ›
- Cats get to keep their claws with new Austin city ordinance - austonia ›
This story has been updated with the latest revealed information as of 4:45 p.m. Monday.
A Sunday night shooting at a North Austin apartment complex has left one dead after being shot by an unknown suspect.
Austin police arrived at the scene of Midtown Commons at Crestview Station apartments at West St. Johns Avenue around 11:30 p.m., where they found a man with a gunshot wound. Police performed CPR but the man died shortly after. The man has been identified as 27-year-old Marcel Tramon Pimpton.
Investigators talked to witnesses at the apartment complex and have a suspect in mind. No other information has been revealed at this time.
A new three-day search has begun for 21-year-old Jason Landry, a Texas State student who was working to get accepted into the school's Sound and Technology program before he disappeared two months ago on the way home for winter break.
- Amazon plans to build distribution center in San Marcos - austonia ›
- Khambrail Winters has been shot dead in San Marcos - austonia ›
- Beto O'Rourke to teach at Texas State this spring - austonia ›
Residents on the 2500 block of Santa Barbara Loop in Round Rock were evacuated from their homes on Tuesday morning after a man found with improvised explosive devices inside his house was arrested.
- Williamson County judge violated his own stay-at-home order ... ›
- Black man who died after traffic stop in Williamson County heard ... ›
- Williamson County Sheriff Chody indicted in Javier Ambler case ... ›