The ColdTowne Theater improv comedy troupe has a new space in East Austin's Holly neighborhood.
ColdTowne lost its lease in the pandemic and operates sporadically as a popup.
Now they have a lease at 1700 E 2nd street and plan to open November 3rd. Their hope is to eventually return to "every night" comedy.
“Making something out of nothing with the support of a community is what improv is all about, and we are thankful to have a strong community that’s got our backs," said co-owner Tauri Laws-Philips.
Click here to read more about ColdTowne Theater.
Orange and burnt orange will merge as I-35 neighbors UTSA take on the University of Texas in Austin at 7 p.m. Saturday.
The two UT affiliates will clash for the first time at the Darrell K. Royal Memorial Stadium, but the party is sure to be felt all around town.
Whether at a tailgate or watch party, here are the best ways to enjoy the gameday experience:
Texas Tailgarten at Scholz Garten, 1607 San Jacinto Blvd.
UT's biggest and longest-running tailgate will be back in action at Scholz Biergarten on Saturday. Since 1866, they've brought the brews, food and Longhorn celebrations to Austinites of all crests and creeds, and they're not stopping now.
1:00-4:30 DJ Island Time
4:30-6:30 Live Music: Sparkle-Grass
Longhorn City Limits at the LBJ Lawn, 4801 La Crosse Avenue
The Longhorns' free alternative to Austin City Limits will see live performances from Misterwives and Jane Leo starting at 3 p.m. on the LBJ lawn. Presented by Still Austin Whiskey, the event will include whiskey and Tito's cocktails on tap, Stubb's BBQ and live football coverage before a Silent Disco post-game party.
Watch party at the Still Austin Whiskey Co. Tasting Room, 440 East Saint Elmo Road
Enjoy a Horns Up frozen cocktail and a premier game watching experience at Still Austin Whiskey's Tasting Room each gameday. Come a little early for a taste of their fifth anniversary party starting at 1 p.m. as well.
The Tavern, 922 W 12th St
With 30 TV's and a longtime history as a hub for football fans, The Tavern is one of Austin's premier sports bars. The bar offers beers, burgers and football events each weekend, so be sure to check out their Facebook for this weekend's event details.
Lavaca Street Bar, 405 Lavaca St
Downtown Austin sports bar Lavaca Street Bar claims to be a "UT Football headquarters." Home of the Turf N' Surf Po Boy, the bar offers sandwiches, beer and other gameday fare.
Little Woodrow's, 5425 Burnet Rd
One of four Little Woodrow's in town, the sports bar's Burnet location has become the Longhorn headquarters. Hook 'em at Woodrow's each game day with beer bucket specials and an extensive indoor/outdoor game watching experience.
SAM Services Tailgate Party, 161 E 16th St.
Just as they do each week, SAM Services will provide barbecue, brews and TVs for the game at 161 E 16th St. on Saturday. A $5 donation is recommended, and make sure to bring your own chair.
- Longhorn football star Sam Ehlinger set to make first career NFL ... ›
- Excitement, tensions build as Austin expects 18k fans at first Texas ... ›
- Longhorns vs. Aggies? Report hints at UT, Oklahoma shift to the ... ›
- From Longhorns to the USMNT: 5 sports NFTs kicking off in Austin's ... ›
- Longhorns' 'Cinderella run' ends as Sooners softball clinches ... ›
North Austin is continuing to beef up its presence as a “second downtown” with five new additions coming to Domain Northside.
Located across the street from The Domain, the new shopping and dining destinations will be nestled by the bustling shopping center and the Rock Rose Nightlife District.
The new additions include:
- Curry Up Now, an “approachable” take on Indian street food and traditional dishes.
- Joybird, a handcrafted furniture store focused on mid-century modern inspired items.
- Popular Austin hangout Easy Tiger, which will feature a new Pretzel Bar at this location.
- Rothy’s, a sustainable fashion brand that transforms plastic bottles into shoes, bags accessories and more.
- gorjana, a husband-and-wife created fine jewelry brand.
All but gorjana are now open, with the jewelry brand set to open its doors this fall.
“We are thrilled about the latest additions to our tenant mix,” Northwood Retail senior marketing director Alison Goodman said.. “Domain NORTHSIDE’s growth has brought a unique retail, dining and entertainment experience to the city of Austin and these new businesses further our mission to provide a lively and dynamic space for our guests.”
- 5 new things in retail in austin, new openings, new products - austonia ›
- Austin Gucci announces ahead-of-schedule opening date at domain ... ›
- Apple shipping iphones from Austin domain northside store - austonia ›
- Gucci, Dr. Martens, and more coming to the Domain in 2022 - austonia ›
- Easy Tiger debuts pretzel bar opening at Domain NORTHSIDE this ... ›