Move over Hollywood, Austin is taking the movie industry by storm, one indie film at a time.
Filmmaker Robert Rodriguez will shoot his next movie, "Hypnotic," in Austin starting in July, the Austin Chronicle reports. The movie stars Ben Affleck.
When Josh Frank built a rudimentary outdoor theater 10 years ago to screen a movie for his then-girlfriend, he didn't realize he was actually building what would become a local institution.
- Austin's musicians get creative with drive-in concerts - austonia ›
- Austin's social distancers let boundaries soften - austonia ›
- Less distancing may come at 'substantial cost' in lives, UT COVID ... ›
- Austin movie theaters brace for a new normal—and a summer without blockbusters - austonia ›
- Austin movie theaters brace for new normal—and a summer without blockbusters - austonia ›
- "Tenet" opens at Austin movie theaters, drawing U.S. fans - austonia ›
- Regal Cinemas shuts down all locations after major film delays - austonia ›
- Kerbey Lane server does caricatures near UT Austin - austonia ›
- SNL's Andrew Dismukes and Christina Parrish star in indie film - austonia ›