Texans in the Rio Grande Valley and along the Coastal Bend continued to face the impact of now-Tropical Storm Hanna on Sunday.
- Hurricane Laura may bring little rain to Austin, while Austin sends help to the coast - austonia ›
- Austin, Travis County prepare Convention Center for Hurricane Laura evacuees - austonia ›
- 2 Austin Community College campuses use 100% clean energy - austonia ›
- Hill Country sees windy weather - austonia ›
The U.S. ordered China to close its Houston consulate—the only one in the state—The Texas Tribune reports:
Kayakers spotted an alligator in Lady Bird Lake last week, KVUE reports. "It's not common, but I wouldn't say it's out of the ordinary, either," the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department's alligator program leader said.
A pool of mosquitoes in the 78756 zip code—which includes Rosedale, among other areas—has tested positive for the West Nile Virus, KUT reports.
Thousands of Indeed employees in Austin will not be required to work from the office until July 2021, Austin Inno reports.
The Texas Education Agency said that it would continue to fund schools that stay closed this fall and do not offer in-person instruction if the local health official orders the school to stay closed. The Texas Tribune reports.
- Poll results: School should be held online-only this fall - austonia ›
- Texas attorney general says religious schools do not have to comply with local orders to close - austonia ›
- Austin teens face unique challenges in high school decision - austonia ›
- Texas schools are being compelled to reopen classrooms - austonia ›
The Texas Supreme Court denied the state Republican Party's appeal to be allowed to host its in-person convention this week in Houston.
- Houston mayor announces in-person Texas GOP convention is ... ›
- Republican National Convention 2020 eyes DFW, but not Austin, as ... ›
- Travis County GOP fundraiser under investigation after complaint it violated COVID orders - austonia ›