Austin ISD and Ascension Seton announced its partnership Saturday to get eligible teachers vaccinated over the weekend and through Tuesday.
Before the pandemic started, Adult Care of Austin on Menchaca Road didn't offer telemedicine appointments.
Now, the private practice conducts almost all of its visits virtually, either over the phone or on HIPAA-compliant video platforms.
Dr. Steven Dobberfuhl, an internal medicine physician, said telemedicine saved his practice—and has been a boon to his patients, around 75% of whom are 65 years or older and at high risk of contracting COVID-19.
"I didn't believe it would work as well as it has," he said.
- 'Offices are closing everywhere' as Austin's private practices face ... ›
- Austin ER visits plummet over coronavirus concerns - austonia ›
- Telemedicine offers health care at a social distance - austonia ›
- Mental health takes on the pandemic and holiday stress - austonia ›
An Austin woman gave birth to identical triplets at Ascension Seton Medical Center in March, the hospital announced Wednesday.
Host of The Tonight Show Jimmy Fallon announced that, in partnership with Indeed, he would donate $15,000 to Austin's Hideout Theatre during his show.
- Austin's Cap City Comedy closes its doors for good - austonia ›
- The Bazaar will shut down Austin location after 50-plus years ... ›
- Austin's Buffalo billiards closes its doors after 21 years - austonia ›
- 10 iconic Austin businesses that have closed due to COVID-19 (and ... ›
- Big Laugh Comedy brings comedian Aida Rodriguez to Austin - austonia ›
- MacKenzie Scott donates $9 million to Austin Charities - austonia ›