While 2020 gave us at least two weeks of relative sanity before COVID-19 struck, 2021 started out in utter chaos.
Despite New Year's Day being relatively quiet for the American people, a break from the madness would turn out to be short lived. Here's a look at what the new year has brought so far:
Hundreds gathered Saturday for the Women's March in downtown Austin from Wooldridge Square to the Texas Capitol.
The Austin Police Department reports no issues that required their attention during the first day of early voting, Tuesday.
- 5 things Austin learned about voting in a pandemic - austonia ›
- College athletes get Election Day off led by Chris Bosh - austonia ›
- Austonia's 2020 voter guide: polling places, interesting races ... ›
- Where to vote early in Travis County in the 2020 election - austonia ›
- 20 candidates will vie for five Austin City Council seats this November ›
- Austin businesses reward you for voting early in Travis County - austonia ›
After a Kentucky grand jury ruled not to charge two of the three police officers involved in the killing of Breonna Taylor, protesters across the country took to the streets, including at the Texas Capitol and Austin City Hall to stand against the decision.
- Austin police will no longer use 'less lethal' bean bag ammunition at ... ›
- Protesters injured by Austin police bean bag rounds - austonia ›
- Manley: Two protesters shot by APD with 'less lethal' rounds remain ... ›
- Mounted officers from the Austin Police Department clash with ... ›
- Austin protesters clash with police after Garrett Foster's death ... ›
- Austin braces for election-week unrest - austonia ›
- Austin police prepare for election-week protests - austonia ›
- Election protests could test new Austin police policies - austonia ›
- Protest recap: Austinites rally after election results - austonia ›
- Mike Ramos' mother sues for wrongful death by police - austonia ›