100% Austin news, info, and entertainment, straight to your inbox at 6 a.m. every morning.
In five minutes, you're fully informed and ready to start another great day in our city.
It's gardening season and if you've ever thought about just letting it all hang loose while tending to your garden, well you're in the perfect place to do just that.
In the latest study from LawnStarter, Austin ranks No. 2 for 2021's Best Cities for Naked Gardening. The study compared 100 of the biggest U.S. cities across metrics, including the share of the nudist population, local legality of nudity, gardener-friendliness and likelihood of it to be sunny and warm on May 1—World Naked Gardening Day. The only one to top the Texas capital was Miami, Florida.
Helping Austin make the top of the list was its nudist-friendliness, ranked No. 3, and weather, which ranked No. 16.
So how is it nudist-friendly? Austin is the only city in Texas that is "topless tested," meaning women can walk through town topless. And like some other nudist-friendly cities, Austin has its own nude park: Hippie Hollow.
- Austin ranks in top 3 of tech job markets in U.S. & Canada - austonia ›
- Austin drops in WalletHub's 2021 Happiest Places to Live study ... ›
- Austin ranks more dangerous than Dallas, Houston and Fort Worth ... ›
- Austin ranks in best cities for veteran to live in the U.S. - austonia ›
- Austin FC ranked at No. 21, LAFC at No. 2 ahead of home opener ... ›