Austin may soon be home to a tech plant that would dwarf the Tesla Gigafactory in both investment and job creation.
Samsung Electronics Co. is considering starting construction on a $10 billion memory chip plant in Austin as soon as this year, Bloomberg reported Friday.
- Travis County updates economic incentives policy post-Tesla ... ›
- Elon Musk seeks to fast-track $1.1 billion Tesla factory in Austin ... ›
- Tesla asks Travis County for 20-year property tax rebate deal ... ›
- Elon Musk announces Austin Gigafactory will open in 2021 - austonia ›
One by one, millionaires and tech giants—and all their employees—have made Austin home. In fact, in 2020, Austin topped LinkedIn's list of cities that gained the most newcomers.
So, what's all the fuss about Austin from West Coast tech stars?
- Elon Musk confirms he's moved to Texas - austonia ›
- Wall Street Journal dubs Austin a "magnet" for new jobs - austonia ›
- Austin named one of the top cities to move to in 2020 - austonia ›
- Bay area tech workers eye moving to Austin post-pandemic - austonia ›
- California man warns against moving to Austin in Op-Ed - austonia ›
National attention shifted to Austin late Friday afternoon when news broke that Oracle is relocating its California headquarters to Austin.
- Google delays returning to Austin offices as COVID-19 spikes ... ›
- Austin ranks in top 3 of tech job markets in U.S. & Canada - austonia ›
- Austin reigns as top Tech Town for the second year in a row - austonia ›
- Headlines from Austin: country music legend dies - austonia ›
Shortly after being pulled over, you get a text message. It's the cop, and they want you to get on a video call.
- Two days of protest: demonstrators shut down I-35, Austin police ... ›
- List of proposed changes to Austin Police Department after protests ... ›