The Travis County DA says three members of an anti-government group are responsible for the looting of the Capital Plaza Target.
The Statesman talks to black UT students about what they want from their school.
Texas Monthly tells the story of the 16-year-old who Austin police seriously injured with bean bag rounds in the first days of protest.
Temperatures over 100 degrees may set records today and tomorrow.
South by Southwest announced Tuesday it will include online programming as part of its 2021 festival, but has not eliminated the possibility of an in-person portion of the event.
- Nearly 100 Austin festivals canceled, postponed or at risk as ... ›
- Reeling from canceled festivals, Austin's small businesses find new ... ›
- SXSW sued over no-refund policy after 2020 cancellation - austonia ›
After 21 years in downtown, Buffalo Billiards will join the growing list of memorable Austin businesses to close due to the coronavirus pandemic.
After a recent uptick in new confirmed COVID-19 cases, it appears the trend line is plateauing again and the local positivity rate is holding steady, at around 6%, Austin-Travis County Interim Health Authority Dr. Mark Escott told county commissioners on Tuesday.
"We've had this increase since the beginning of September that's leveling off a bit," he said.
- Flu season: Austin health officials are focused on vaccines - austonia ›
- Austin sees uptick in new COVID cases among 10-19 age group ... ›
- Sewage testing can help detect Austin COVID outbreaks early ... ›
- Austin company seeks volunteers for COVID vaccine trial - austonia ›
Kendra Scott, the Austin entrepreneur who owns a billion-dollar jewelry empire, will be the next guest judge on ABC's "Shark Tank" in its newest Las Vegas season.
Tropical Storm Beta is continuing to line the Texas coast after making landfall late Monday and will bring rain to Central Texas for the next two days.
Like Tupac at Coachella, one professor at the McCombs School of Business is beamed as a hologram before his audience.
- UT Austin reports 72 student COVID cases after first week - austonia ›
- Austin COVID-19 projections show surge scenarios - austonia ›
- FBI looks into Chinese spying on COVID research at UT-Austin ... ›
- Scientists enlist UT-Austin's supercomputers in global war on COVID ... ›
- This is what would lead to a shutdown at UT-Austin this fall - austonia ›
Austinites will decide the fate of $7.1 billion transit overhaul Project Connect—and two PACs are competing for your vote
Austin voters will decide Nov. 3 whether to increase their tax rate to pay for a $7.1 billion, 15-year overhaul of the city's transit system.
Project Connect massive underground rail tunnel<span style="display:block;position:relative;padding-top:56.25%;" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="1b92a6069738020cade05c1c163212cb"><iframe lazy-loadable="true" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OLZM_FXO8Bw?rel=0" width="100%" height="auto" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;"></iframe></span>The downtown transit tunnel would separate the light rail lines proposed under Project Connect—Capital Metro's 20-year, $7.1 billion overhaul of the city's t...
- CapMetro targets Austin FC fans about Project Connect stop - austonia ›
- Austin City Council will put $7.1 billion Project Connect transit plan ... ›
- CapMetro cuts $3 billion from Project Connect due to COVID ... ›
- This was the year for Project Connect in Austin. Then came ... ›